Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm offended, you're offended, we're offended.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anunitu
    replied
    Re: I'm offended, you're offended, we're offended.

Sorry,I can not help myself...it is SOOOOO erotic...and besides you can get them in chocolate flavor....

Leave a comment:

• B. de Corbin
    replied

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    Ok,looked up Chonies,,,so whitei tighties

Quit looking up chonies, you prevert!

Leave a comment:

• anunitu
    replied

Ok,looked up Chonies,,,so whitei tighties

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied

Farts are offensive to me. But I can't make the world wear charcoal chonies.

Leave a comment:

• B. de Corbin
    replied

Who's the wolf, and who's the sheep, and who decides which is which?

Leave a comment:

• Sean R. R.
    replied

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
    A wolf doesn't take note on the common opinion of sheep.
    I live by that.

Leave a comment:

• Norse_Angel
    replied

By the looks I get walking in public places, you best bet I'm offending many people just with my attire
    never changed me though, a wolf doesn't take note on the common opinion of sheep.

Leave a comment:

• Bartmanhomer
    replied

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    The world is always offended. I was just reading a post on the makeup discussion forum I frequent. It's a place we all snark on the ideas of make up. And once every few weeks a post on 'appropriation' of makeup comes up. This time East Asian chic is offended some white chic wore Bindi jewelry. She pretty much said since her mother was ridiculed for wearing it, she is offended when she sees white chic wear it and not get harassed as her mother did. In essence her past with this jewelry is clouded with a sensitive history.

Sister, that's not my history. You can be offended. But that word is not a stop word. The history you have is not my history. I can understand people being offended over things. Because each of us has our own emotional back story. But just because you got raped by a guy in a diet dr pepper costume doesn't mean I have to give up my drink.

I'm being snarky. Because I'm so fed up with people being offended. Go on. Be offended. Who the eff cares?

This isn't about appropriation. It's about the idea of being offended. And when that meant action had to be done by people who are complete and utter strangers. I mean I'm offended by dumb people. But there they are. Everywhere. What's a gal to do.

Have you ever used that phrase 'I'm offended' and wanted someone to change something because of how you felt? Or is there a place for when being offended means everyone around you has to change? Gimme your views!
    I'm not sure what this debate is about. Can you explain a bit more please?

Leave a comment:

• anunitu
    replied

Because they will sue everybody for even thinking something not PC.

- - - Updated - - -

Also they most likely would burn all the books for being "Mean" Hmmm,might be a book about the future in there somewhere...

Leave a comment:

• Sean R. R.
    replied

Being a Satanist, I have to admit that the Bible was right. The meek (the frail, easily offended, trigger warning defenders) will inherit the earth.

Leave a comment:

• DavidMcCann
    replied

Something that irritates me is when X announces that they are offended and Y (usually a "celebrity" or a politician) goes into groveling-apology mode. I long to hear some-one say "Oh get over yourself!"

Leave a comment:

• anunitu
    replied

I will bite you in your politically correct butt...Except I might catch something...have a great day...

Leave a comment:

• ThePaganMafia
    replied

Sorry, but the term "mutt" is offensive. We prefer the term "breed-challenged".

Check your privilege. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• anunitu
    replied

I just consider myself a Frog-wop-limie-What ever Irish is called-also some dutch in there(and as my dad said Kanuck(sp)) cause French Canada..Although the kanuck is appropriated from Canadian Indians I think.
    Any way,I do not get offended when addressed that way,cause I am an International MUTT!!

Leave a comment:

• Hawkfeathers
    replied

I get a little offended IRL when someone who's known me a while says my name wrong, and laughs at me for correcting them. It's one of those deals like Anna vs. Ann. Close but no cigar. And I have an Irish friend who constantly refers to my nationality as EYE-talian. So I call him EAR-ish, and say between us we have 2 senses. He says it less & less all the time. Sometimes you just have to bite back and use humor.

As for strangers, I'll tell them where to go & what to do when they get there. I did my time in customer-focused work and now revenge is mine.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X