This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

I'm reading a history book called 'The Storm of War.' It's a book on World War II.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I'm reading a book for class called fight of aquavit. I was really excited cause my prof described it as a gay detective comedy. I was like "cool, all of my favourite things in one book". but it's actually really badly written and full of stereotypes -_- still have to get through half the book

Comment

Originally posted by alternatingSelves View Post
        I'm reading a book for class called fight of aquavit. I was really excited cause my prof described it as a gay detective comedy. I was like "cool, all of my favourite things in one book". but it's actually really badly written and full of stereotypes -_- still have to get through half the book
        Sounds like a cool book.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I just started Fellowship of the Ring. I've never actually read Tolkien before so I'm hoping I enjoy it as much as I want to.

Comment

I'm reading Mountfort's book on the tree-ogam. I read the intro, and I'm now learning an ogamfew per day.

I'm also re-reading Turgenev's Fathers and Sons, which I obviously didn't fully appreciate in high school.
            OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
            The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
            Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

I hate to put down a book I just picked up, but where have I been that I didn't know Anne Rice is working on a werewolf series?! Just bought the first one for my Kindle a few minutes ago and now I can't wait for naptime so I can get started on it.

Although this is going to severely effect the werewolf novel I was considering doing for Nano this year. I worked on it some during Camp Nano last year but never finished it - it was intended to be a novella, anyway. If I'm going to write it, I should do it before I read Rice's books... Hm.

Comment

Douglas Adams "So Long And Thanks For All The Fish."
                Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

I'm not 'reading' it per say. My audiobook story is called Cleopatra.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

'The Silver Bough' by Lisa Tuttle

Comment

Working on rereadig the first three books in the Cirque du Freak series because I found them together in an omnibus for only $3 ^_^
                      Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                      Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                      sigpic

Comment

"The Shining Girls" by Lauren Beukes, a South African author. It's her first novel that's set in America (all her others have been set in SA) and I must say I am enjoying it a lot more than her previous work. She's not half bad, her genre is dark sci-fi/noir.
                        sigpic

Comment

On the last chapter of Cleopatra'. Now downloaded David Wellington's '13 Bullets: A Vampire Tale'

Comment

I am re-reading Good Omens, and if you haven't read it, you totally should. Because it is fantastic. Just saying.
                            It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                            -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

I scanned the shelves looking for some horror fiction to read last night and decided to read Shadowland by Peter Straub. I know I read it years ago, but I was pretty sick and don't remember it well at all, so I thought I'd give it another go. I read his Houses Without Doors a few months ago and thought it was quite good.
                              OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
                              The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
                              Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

Finished David Wellington's 13 Bullets. And now on to his novel 99 coffins. I seriously listened to about 4 hours in the last two days. Nonstop. I was soo hooked. Was very gory!

Comment

Working...
                                X