X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    You could totally DIY that...

...infact, lemme see what I can do for you tomorrow, @ work.
    I'm already doodling one myself LOL

Comment

Recently I read a book called "The Solstice Evergreen"~The history, folklore and origins of the Christmas tree. It was a really good book! I have a lot of evergreen trees on my property and now I see them in a different light! :^^:

Now I am reading "A Medieval Book of Seasons". It is pretty good, not real far into it yet. I will have to recheck it out at the library because it is due tomorrow! :=o:
      sigpic

Comment

The link up there inspired me to do tracking list of the audio books I've read and will read for next year. I'm going to write a post in my lj and just save the link to connect to each other.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Currently reading Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

As always I have got a couple of books on the go.

I am reading Haunted Moon by Yasmine Galenorn alongside When, Why ... If by Robin Wood.
            http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I finished 'The Coming of the Third Reich' (finally) and am now reading D-Day by Antony Beevor. Hope it is good. I've already read one of his books so I think it will be.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Historical perspective on Alchemy. Fascinating stuff.

Comment

[i]The Kings and Queens of Roam[/u] is boring. Was boring. I have a few more pages to go but I don't feel much excitement about finishing it.

Comment

I am currently tearing apart 'The Juicing Diet' for my Amazon reviews. This book is fucking horrible -- not ONCE does it suggest you consult a physician. Not once does it mention that people with diabetes may feel sick because of the drastic spikes in fructose and blood sugar levels. Not once does it mention that if you have kidney troubles that the overdose of nutrients will tax your organs.

This book gets a huge fucking thumbs down. How DARE you not warn your readers?! ARGH
                    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                      I am currently tearing apart 'The Juicing Diet' for my Amazon reviews. This book is fucking horrible -- not ONCE does it suggest you consult a physician. Not once does it mention that people with diabetes may feel sick because of the drastic spikes in fructose and blood sugar levels. Not once does it mention that if you have kidney troubles that the overdose of nutrients will tax your organs.

This book gets a huge fucking thumbs down. How DARE you not warn your readers?! ARGH
                      Because 99% of "health" books and "diet" books are written by idiots with no medical training?

Kick his/her ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                        Because 99% of "health" books and "diet" books are written by idiots with no medical training?

Kick his/her ass.
                        "Immediately, I noticed that there were no safety warnings mentioned in this book’s introduction whatsoever, nor claims cited. Their careless attitude that suggests ‘juicing is good for everyone’ spits in the face of scientific reason, which would urge people to speak to their physicians before undertaking any cleanse or dietary change of this magnitude. People with diabetes are a risk of spiking their sugar levels due to the increase in fructose, as well as people with liver ailments have a difficult time handling the overload of nutrients. Only once was it mentioned that there is no concrete evidence in regards to juicing’s benefits and that you should practice moderation -- a sentence that was immediately followed by the words “drink up!” I am convinced that this book merely wants to sell copies and not, as it portends, make people more healthy.

If you are interested in trying a new fad diet then you need to do research and consult your physician to make sure that replacing meals or doing a cleanse is healthy for where you are currently at. All that aside, the soft information in this book is enough to help people make their own juices but only after they have made an informed decision instead of mindlessly gobbling up the idea of weight loss."

Comment

I love you Bjorn.

Comment

Hear ye hear ye,Rowan has avowed her like of Bjorn,so it is written,so it shell be!
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                              I love you Bjorn.
                              I still had to be diplomatic, and honestly, ONCE ALL THAT OTHER SHIT IS TAKEN CARE OF, the juice ideas in here are really good but I cannot, in good conscience, fail to warn people about how careless this book is. They cited Dr. Oz as a fucking reference. Are you shitting me?

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                                I still had to be diplomatic, and honestly, ONCE ALL THAT OTHER SHIT IS TAKEN CARE OF, the juice ideas in here are really good but I cannot, in good conscience, fail to warn people about how careless this book is. They cited Dr. Oz as a fucking reference. Are you shitting me?
                                That's like referencing Dr. Scott from Rocky Horror as far as I'm concerned, except I bet Dr. Oz's legs don't look that good in fishnets.

Comment

Working...
                                X