This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Finally finished An Army at Dawn and am reading At Large and At Small.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

So I'm reading Mists of Avalon right now and I'm not sure I want to keep going. (Spoiler alert) I'm at the point where Morgause takes Morgaines baby and I'm pissed and disturbed. Part of it is I don't see Morgaine getting the child back any time soon. Another is that with my baby still being a baby its really gut wrenching. And having had a csection and having my baby pulled away as soon as she was born it hits a trigger I guess. And I just don't know if its worth it. I never get this worked up over a book. Ugh
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Finished At Large and At Small and am now reading The Good Old Days.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
          So I'm reading Mists of Avalon right now and I'm not sure I want to keep going. (Spoiler alert) I'm at the point where Morgause takes Morgaines baby and I'm pissed and disturbed. Part of it is I don't see Morgaine getting the child back any time soon. Another is that with my baby still being a baby its really gut wrenching. And having had a csection and having my baby pulled away as soon as she was born it hits a trigger I guess. And I just don't know if its worth it. I never get this worked up over a book. Ugh
          I loved the mini series and wanted to read/listen to the book.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Finished The Good Old Days and am reading Alexander the Great.
            Anubisa

Comment

Just checked out a nice stack of books from the library today
              The Future of Life by Edward O. Wilson, The Great Plague by A. Loyd Moote and Dorothy C. Moote, and lastly, The Origins of Totalitarianism by Hannah Arendt.
              Imma fat library cat

Comment

I haven't read that one, but I'm a big fan of Edward O. Wilson.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I finished The Sleep Room by F.R Tallis. Amazing! It's def on my top 10 of the year. I had no idea just how intense this audiobook would be. You can read my review of it HERE

And I finally got an audio copy of Jonathan Maberry's Dead of Night. THE zombie book I've been dying to get my hands on! So excited. :=o:

Comment

Finished Alexander the Great and now am reading Eisenhower at War.
                    Anubisa

Comment

Awe yeah, finished up Dead of Night. I cried on the bus today. That's how it went. You can read my review HERE

I am now going to listen to Zone One, a novel by Colson Whitehead. Another zombie after the fact story. Now I actually tried to listen to this earlier in the year. And I couldn't get past the first hour. It wasn't narration as much as the author's need to constantly be a thesaurus. Every sentence was an over stimulated plate of party platter. Just overly descriptive. Which is very opposite of what I like. I like Nin. Sparse. To the point. But I really like the idea of the story, so Imma give it another go.

Comment

totally want to read the book mentioned here: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...puma-booktalk/
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Christian Nation: A Novel by Frederic C. Rich. It's a dystopia about if John McCain won the election, died, making Sarah Palin president, and the Christian Right took over the country. The Christian leadership pass a series of laws called "The Blessing" that monitors everything, takes away the first amendment, and makes us a Christian Nation. It's pretty good.

Comment

Visions of Vanaheim: second edition

Comment

Finally got Diana Paxons Rune book. Any one interested in a study group?
                              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                              Seen the desert and the birds
                              You cut your hair short
                              Like a shush to an insult
                              The world had been yelling
                              Since the day you were born
                              Revolting with anger
                              While it smiled like it was cute
                              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment