This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

I don't mind it, but I think the books are expensive.

Can't you burn the mp3 as an audio file? Or, is there some software to convert it to another type of file?
    Car cd player won't play it

Theres some borrowing system with out state public libraries that does ebooks. I need to look into it.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

You can convert an MP3 to a wav file BUT it would be MUCH larger(example an MP3 at say 3 megs might be a wave file at 450 megs. Mp3 is a compression of a wav file.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Finished Metro 2033 - Dmitry Glukhovsky (no idea if the spelling's right)

An alright book, took ages to start and ages to read but saved itself towards the end, I was definitely getting bored when Artyom (the main character) met his third of fourth Mishap, though the world Dmitry made is certainly one of the best I've come across in a book. I'm looking forward to the rehash of the two games based on the novel series now ^^ 7/10ish?
        Work hard Play hard.
        What is history?

Comment

Purchase an mp3 player. Plug it into your car stereo usually via the cig lighter or some other plug doodady thingy.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Finished up Zealot by Raza Aslan. Finished up Ancestor by Scott Sigler.

Now currently listening to Hell House by Ricahard Matheson!

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              Purchase an mp3 player. Plug it into your car stereo usually via the cig lighter or some other plug doodady thingy.
              Downloaded Audible and the Fry chronicles, but haven't done any driving since I got it, so havent had the pleasure of listening to an audio book yet.

Ill get there!

And it was expensive Thal, about 18$. But I actually want to read this book, so I was ok with that.
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I just finished Inferno by Dan Brown.

As usual, it was a real page turner, and maybe one of his best yet.

Also, I think Brown has been watching Fringe.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                  Tecumseh and Brock, the war of 1812.
                  Finished this. Very good book, I recommend it to any Canadians or anybody interested in Canadian history/The War of 1812 in general. It focuses on the lives of Tecumseh and Brock and why they were the way they were. Great story.
                  White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                  sigpic
                  In Days of yore,
                  From Britain's shore
                  Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                  And planted firm Britannia's flag
                  On Canada's fair domain.
                  Here may it wave,
                  Our boast, our pride
                  And joined in love together,
                  The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                  The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

For anyone who likes Science Fiction, 172 Hours on the Moon is a great book!

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                      I just finished Inferno by Dan Brown.

As usual, it was a real page turner, and maybe one of his best yet.

Also, I think Brown has been watching Fringe.
                      Yes! I love listening to the audiobook. I find myself googling all the stuff he references. Plus Dante's Inferno is my fave. So there's that.

Comment

Yes! I love listening to the audiobook. I find myself googling all the stuff he references. Plus Dante's Inferno is my fave. So there's that.

Yup!

I donated my paper copy to one of the teachers who has an open reading class. She was pretty excited... I think she'll be reading it before it goes to the kids
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

So I finished up Hell House by Richard Matheson. Seriously? Holy hell. He puts to shame EVERY writer on the planet. This book scared me to my core. You can read my review called FEAR right here

Decided I needed some lighter reading. So it's Ground Zero: A Zombie Apocalypse by Nicholas Ryan

Comment

So I finished up Hell House by Richard Matheson. Seriously? Holy hell. He puts to shame EVERY writer on the planet. This book scared me to my core. You can read my review called FEAR right here
                            That's one of my favorites. There is a movie version which (from what I remember) isn't too bad. It stars Roddy McDowel as the psychic.

If you like that one, find The Haunting of Hill House, by Shirley Jackson (the book is great, and the early B&W movie is very good).

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              That's one of my favorites. There is a movie version which (from what I remember) isn't too bad. It stars Roddy McDowel as the psychic.

If you like that one, find The Haunting of Hill House, by Shirley Jackson (the book is great, and the early B&W movie is very good).
                              Thanks for the suggestion. I just finished watching the Hell House movie. Was actually pretty decent. I remember when horror movies had atmosphere and took themselves seriously. Was great!

Comment

Read Stephen King's Mr. Mercedes today. It's a relatively straight-forward detective novel, enjoyable even with some cliched devices thrown in for good measure. I appreciated the fact that the detective was not as badly caricatured as most novelized police detectives are. It was a fast read, though.

Next is House of Leaves, which I've heard has freaked some people out.
                                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Working...
                                X