This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Beautiful darknes, started it this evening.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I don't have time to read anymore except for the sacred texts I add to my website. Currently I'm in the process of adding The Rig Veda, before that it was The Gospel Of Buddha and The Works Of Mencius.

The last secular books I've read were books that I had read as a teenager and wanted to read them again. Douglas Adams Hitchhiker's series and Frank Herbert's Dune Series. I read them all the way through in chronological order and it was fantastic. That has been . . . jeez . . . a decade ago?

Comment

working on the next bit of my To Walk a Pagan Path review blog series...so I'm reading that (again)
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Kane Chronicles: Throne of Fire, by Rick Riordan.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
            Kane Chronicles: Throne of Fire, by Rick Riordan.
            Gleb Gleb Gleb Gleb Gleb I love those books so much
            YES
            They are amazing
            Rick Riordan is one of my favorite authors

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I'm reading Bram Stoker's "Dracula." You can't beat the classics ya'll.
            Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

The original?...I have read that more than a few times...
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalJackal View Post
                Gleb Gleb Gleb Gleb Gleb I love those books so much
                YES
                They are amazing
                Rick Riordan is one of my favorite authors

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I'm reading Bram Stoker's "Dracula." You can't beat the classics ya'll.
                Yeah, he's great. I read the Kane Chronicles series (all of them) in Hebrew a couple of years ago. Now I want to try doing the same in English. Too bad they didn't have the first book, The Red Pyramid. So I was bought only the Serpent's Shadow and The Throne of Fire
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Pathway Machine View Post
                  I don't have time to read anymore except for the sacred texts I add to my website. Currently I'm in the process of adding The Rig Veda, before that it was The Gospel Of Buddha and The Works Of Mencius.

The last secular books I've read were books that I had read as a teenager and wanted to read them again. Douglas Adams Hitchhiker's series and Frank Herbert's Dune Series. I read them all the way through in chronological order and it was fantastic. That has been . . . jeez . . . a decade ago?
                  Audio books are the answer my friend. And free from the library.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm reading two books at the same time. I'm a lot like my mom in that way. I am reading A New Age Now Begins and Nazi Germany and The Jews.
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

People have a hard time understanding how you could read two books at once,but my son used to read 5 at the same time,me at most could do 2 like yourself...its just a thing,and more like if you are a reading fiend,and devour books

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        Audio books are the answer my friend. And free from the library.
                        Well, the trouble is I do the website thing. I'm always either writing my own stuff or editing and proofreading religious texts to my site. Now I listen to music constantly while I do this. I have albums, concerts and internet radio stations directly on the site. For example, as I post this response I'm listening to Rob Zombie's Hellbilly Deluxe 2, opened in another window.

However, thanks for the audio books suggestion, that's great. My mom has macular degeneration and glaucoma and she's an avid reader. She can't read books anymore and is getting so bad she can't read her Nook very well anymore. Audio books are sooo expensive, she reads at least 1 book a day. I honestly didn't know, or think anyway, that the library had them.

Comment

I was an avid reader. But Diabetes is messing with my eyesight. I listen a lot when I'm commuting to work, on my lunch break or doing chores. The library has like over 20,000 titles of fiction and non. It's great! Sign her up and she can download right from home. And it's free! I've only paid for 1 audiobook in the years I've been listening. Last year I listened to over 70 books for free.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            I was an avid reader. But Diabetes is messing with my eyesight. I listen a lot when I'm commuting to work, on my lunch break or doing chores. The library has like over 20,000 titles of fiction and non. It's great! Sign her up and she can download right from home. And it's free! I've only paid for 1 audiobook in the years I've been listening. Last year I listened to over 70 books for free.
                            Downloading them from is a big plus! Really cool. Especially since we live near a small town, but could go into the big city and sign her up there and she could just download them from there, or both, since one place probably has more of a selection. Why in the world didn't I think of that? I guess because they are audio books. Duh . . . Thanks, Medusa!

Comment

It is kind of the new library thing, audio,and cd's and movies to check out also

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                                It is kind of the new library thing, audio,and cd's and movies to check out also
                                I have never stepped foot in a public library in my life, other than school. Isn't that terrible?! I became an avid reader when I was about 12 years old, but I had a paper route and bought all of my books, at grocery stores, yard sales, thrift shops and book stores. Never been to a library.

Comment

Working...
                                X