This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Crit buddies on Scribophile. Right now, I'm reading a literary post-apocalyptic story about a woman who is facing getting her four grandkids through a global disaster, and a sort of medieval Celtic fantasy...with steampunk gorillas...kind of. They're both pretty wild.

Maybe later today I'll get back around to the ancient Sumerian humour novel I've been enjoying so much.
    She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

As corny as it sounds....a lot and lot of art books~as in how to draw stuff, or my sculpting stuff. I'm trying to push myself to get better, and I think I really need to go back to the basics on some stuff, and learn how to get better and build bigger on others. Hopefully I can manage it all
      Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
      Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
      sigpic

Comment

Tarot 101 and An American Dream.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
          Tarot 101 and An American Dream.
          Whoops! Should be An American Life by Ronald Reagan.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I bought the fella his favorite book from childhood and we read it aloud together, popcorn style. ^_^

Prettiest Book EVER
            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I should actually get back to my crits. I've been playing around with you people all morning and making soap. But I've got work to do! So back to the Ancient-ish Sumer-ish spoof story! And maybe a little historical fantasy in early medieval Scotland...
              She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

Rise Again by Ben Tripp. About zombies. Duh.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Finally finished reading 'The Essential Guide to Psychic Self Defence' by our own Mrs. Penry. I actually bought it not so much because I thought I had been cursed or whatever, but because I thought it would give me some tips and ideas on how to protect myself generally, because I've started going a bit deeper with my spirit work needed to make sure I was correctly prepared and guarded. Yet when reading through it, I did kinda realise something.

I'm not even gonna try to find the post, but about 2 or 3 months ago I posted a photo of my coffee table upon which I'd gathered all the things I needed to make a witch's bottle*. I'd had one when I lived with my mum, but never thought to make one here until then. Then in July (this time I can find the post I wrote about it, as it's in the Home Cleansing and Blessing thread), I was suddenly hit by the desire to completely cleanse and bless the flat.

Does anyone else think it's suspicious that suddenly my life seems to be moving forward after years of stagnation? That I'm overcoming my anxiety and body image issues? I can't help wonder if some of the dubious pagan folk I cut myself off from before moving to Germany (the first time I was away from my witch's bottle, and that ended in disaster), might have been petty enough to curse me. I am aware some rumors were spread about me (not sure what they were, but I'm pretty sure it's all BS), so I know these individuals were bent on causing me trouble in the physical, so it's hardly a stretch of the imagination.

I lost my faith around that time too. Makes you wonder if they'd done some kind of 'de-witching' on me too. Pretty nasty people if so. Kinda glad the banishing spell I use includes the line 'send it back to it's source'. Yeah.. have it back you gits!!

So anyway.. I'm glad I bought Tylluan's book now. Of course it did indeed give me practical ideas to keep myself spiritually safe, but it also reminded me that while such notions as curses can seem so unlikely it isn't worth thinking about, it's always worth taking the time to protect yourself... just in case...

*For those who might not know, these are said to protect the maker from curses, both intentional or otherwise.
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

The Call of the Wild and Panzer Leader.
                    Anubisa

Comment

I am bouncing back between re-reading the Inheritance cycle and reading Jaguar: One Man's Struggle To Establish The World's First Jaguar Preserve by Alan Rabinowitz, as well as re-reading Lovecraft's works and Heisod's Theogany.
                      "As long as humans continue to be the ruthless destroyer of other beings, we will never know health or peace. For as long as people massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, those who sow the seed of murder and pain will never reap joy or love." - Pythagoras

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown." - Homer, The Iliad

Comment

Faust by Van Goethe and Golden verses of Pythagoras (book fragments) by Pythagoras

Comment

White Fang and still reading Panzer Leader.
                          Anubisa

Comment

Fool's Quest- my husband bought it for me for my birthday this week. It's going to be Robin Hobb's second to last book in her Farseer world. I'm not as impressed with this one. It's taking a little while to warm up.

Comment

The last three books I read were "Half-Past Midnight" by Stephen King (actually a collection of four novellas), "The Husband" by Dean Koontz (couldn't put it down), and "Misery," also by Stephen King. As for the latter, the book was very enjoyable and, although the film adaptation left much to be desired, Kathy Bates's performance was very amusing yet frightening.
                              Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                              -Erik Erikson

Comment

'The Harvill book of twentieth-century poetry in English', we're starting Ezra Pound today. I'm fascinated, this will be interesting.
                                You remind me of the babe
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Working...