X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    I have a paperback,and I just found the whole thing in audio broken up into chapters..Whole thing zipped was like 1.2 gig,from librivox public domain site.
    Unzipped it's something like 8.6 gig in size and about 50 hours in length. Near as I know librivox is the only audiobook version available for it right now.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
      Goes into this category but does the collective you think reading a book is the same as listening to an audio book?

It's like i'm listening to the Golden Bough now simply to refresh myself with the book. But not sure i'd say i'm reading it.
      I think it's the same; it just takes longer than reading it yourself, in my experience. It's great for long drives, though, since you can't read with your eyes and watch the road

Comment

Now reading 'mother's who can't love - a healing guide for their daughters' by Susan Forward. This is going to be painful, I started wailing before I had even finished the foreword.
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

The Way of Four.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Just finished American Gods. Not sure what to read next.
            Come geek out with me and my buddies on The Bizzarp! Podcast - new episodes every Friday!

"Biting my truant pen, beating myself for spite,"Fool," said my Muse to me, "look in thy heart, and write."
            - Sir Philip Sidney

Comment

The Qabalistic Tarot: A Textbook of Mystical Philosopy, by Robert Wang.

I've been wanting to learn the Tarot more in depth and I've been wanting to learn more about the Western Hermetic Qabalah, so I thought this would be a good book to try.

Comment

I just finished reading Heart of Darkness and The Secret Sharer by Joseph Conrad.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

A most interesting journal article on ADHD, neurotransmitters, and genetics: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...8/#!po=14.8897
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    A most interesting journal article on ADHD, neurotransmitters, and genetics: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...8/#!po=14.8897
                    I almost wanted to be like boooring. Who would read this stuff? But then I realize I've been reading medical journals on the heart and arrhythmia etc. So now I feel all sorta smart. Except I have to do the medical to English translation stuff. I also realize hey! I read articles from there as well! They have great information on mental disorders. I firmly believe the more you know about your illness, the more power you have on your life.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

I enjoyed and found it be very informative, though a lot of the scientific terminology and such went a bit over my head, I was still able to understand a lot that I hadn't understood before and it was a good read, over all.

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      I firmly believe the more you know about your illness, the more power you have on your life.
                      I completely agree with this ^!

I wish when I was a kid more of an effort had been made to explain why my brain works the way it does and how to deal with it without medication...

I know my parents did the best they could but they weren't so great at independent research and mostly went off what the doctors and teachers told them, which didn't seem to be much.

Comment

Finally finished Panzer General by General Heinz Guderian. Now am reading The Help.
                        Anubisa

Comment

I started reading the Disc World books by Terry Pratchett. I'm now halfway The Light Fantastic.
                          The books are so funny

Comment

The Pneumatics of Heron of Alexandria and the 10 Books of Architecture by Vitruvius

Comment

I think a book review on the Pneumatics of Alexandria is in order....
                              The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                              I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Finished Ben Tripp's Rise Again Below Zero. Wow. A very good zombie saga! I was left just emotionally gutted. Good times.

Now onto some real stuff. Panic in Level 4: Cannibals, Killer Viruses, and Other Journeys to the Edge of Science by Richard Preston. It's pretty much about the research he had done for his books. It's even scarier because it's real!
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X