This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Guys, does any of you know books about dealing with controlling parents and energy vampires? (in this case it's 2 in 1)
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Not so much books,BUT experience with a controlling parent. You may have to distance yourself,hard as that is with parents. That is what I had to do about my Mother.

- - - Updated - - -

A little tip.tell them if they want to have you around them,they MUST understand YOUR needs to be your own person,else tell them you must stay away if they can not do that.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Thanks for the help, Anu. That's my plan until the military. I can't move to another place, since I have no job but hey, it's only to survive until the 3rd of August, 2016!!
        Long time, yes. But I survived until now so there is no reason for me not to survive a bit more.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anunitu View Post

- - - Updated - - -

A little tip.tell them if they want to have you around them,they MUST understand YOUR needs to be your own person,else tell them you must stay away if they can not do that.
        I'll write this down.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Called setting boundaries...a must for every relationship..
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Of course. Every time I try to say something, they find something else to say that crashes what I said a minute ago. My father is a perfectionist and mother is an attention sucker... Luckily I'll spend more time outside this year.

Comment

Finished that Panic audiobook. It was quite quick.

Now onto another anthology. Wastelands 2 - More Stories of the Apocalypse. Listening to how humans put themselves in major poop always makes me happy.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                Guys, does any of you know books about dealing with controlling parents and energy vampires? (in this case it's 2 in 1)
                Actually....let me ask my mom. She made me read a bunch of books on dealing with parentd when here and my dad got divoriced, let me see if she stll has any of them. I dont remember titles, but a few of them were good. Also, Mrs P has a book on psychic self-defense.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

The Perfect Nazi.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Britain BC and stuff on a certain fungus species.
                    I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                    Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                    But that day you know I left my money
                    And I thought of you only
                    All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Anyone read The Book of Pagan Prayer by Ceisiwr Serith? To what kind of people you would recommend it?
                      baah.

Comment

Anyone read The Book of Pagan Prayer by Ceisiwr Serith? To what kind of people you would recommend it?

I have. I like it....took it with me to boot camp and on deployment. It was great because sometimes you want *something* to do, but don't want to come up with it yourself. And a number of the prayers are quite lovely. We use several in our family rituals.

Edit to add:

here are some examples of his work, for anyone that might be interested:

Gods of old, long have you waited, seemingly forgotten and outgrown, waiting with the patience born of wisdom for your children to remember you and to come to you with open hearts. Awake, come, tha…

https://lectiodivinapaganus.wordpres...he-end-of-day/ (the second one)

https://nuannaarpoq.wordpress.com/20...rvest-musings/ (at the end of this blog post)
                        https://nuannaarpoq.wordpress.com/20...s-have-colors/ (and the end of this blog post)
                        Prayer for the Tomato Season I stop for a moment to praise tomatoes, honoring them by eating one. Lovely are you spirits who grow such things. First I praise their shapes–the shun the easy pe…
                        Last edited by thalassa; 22 Oct 2015, 03:02.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

^thanks a lot! Those prayers are nice. Nothing too rigid or ceremonial (for me prayer and poetry/prose overlap. I like it in freeform) I'm looking for a book that's easy to carry and somewhat plain and discreet in appearance, sort of a bible substitute (not in content but in function, book to read a couple of lines from every now and then). Just like a book I'd imagine someone to take to boot camp.
                          baah.

Comment

Not pagan related, but I'm currently reading Revival by Stephen King.

Comment

I'm looking for a book that's easy to carry and somewhat plain and discreet in appearance
                              If anything, it is dicreet looking...no crazy pictures, etc on the cover, and the title is smallish and plain enough you could even easily cover it if you needed to.
                              sigpic

Comment

Just finished Mrs. P's "Knot Magic." Loved it!

Comment

Working...
                                X