X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

I'm reading Colder Than Hell now.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I didn't find the Book of Pagan Prayer from the shop I visited but instead I picked a copy of A Pagan Ritual Prayer Book, also by Ceisiwr Serith. And I love it! I've been looking for that kind of book for years (yeah, even when I wasn't a proper Pagan yet).
      The prayers in the book vary a lot and it also presents many deities I haven't even heard of. It also has a brief introduction on prayer, poetry and ritual.
      And it looks nice. Like a prayer book (or what a prayer book looks for me), instead of a shiny fantasy novel kind of cover design, with authors name in huge 'gothic' letters on it.
      baah.

Comment

I didn't find the Book of Pagan Prayer from the shop I visited but instead I picked a copy of A Pagan Ritual Prayer Book, also by Ceisiwr Serith. And I love it! I've been looking for that kind of book for years (yeah, even when I wasn't a proper Pagan yet).
        The prayers in the book vary a lot and it also presents many deities I haven't even heard of. It also has a brief introduction on prayer, poetry and ritual.
        And it looks nice. Like a prayer book (or what a prayer book looks for me), instead of a shiny fantasy novel kind of cover design, with authors name in huge 'gothic' letters on it.
        You can find it on Amazon. It's about $15.00 when I looked it up today.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

^Thanks! However, I simply can't buy more books, just returned home today with a huge backpack full of them! Sticking to that Ritual Prayer Book for a while...
          baah.

Comment

A Midsummer's Night Dream by Shakespeare in conjunction with Poetics by Aristotle.

Comment

^Thanks! However, I simply can't buy more books, just returned home today with a huge backpack full of them! Sticking to that Ritual Prayer Book for a while...
              I know how that is. I got like 20 new books waiting to be read.
              Anubisa

Comment

I have the feeling it might be painful, but I just ordered this-- Freedom Rising: Human Empowerment and the Quest for Emancipation by Christian Welzel
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Just finished Beastly Bones by William Ritter. I have a soft spot for Sherlock Holmes, and this version happens to be fantastic!! There not very long either and quite delightful.
                  "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Just started The Witching Way of the Hollow Hill by Robin Artisson

Comment

So I finished Wastelands 2 and now I decided to listen Vacation by Matthew Costello (maybe a different take on the traditional zombie apocalypse group of survivors tale?*

But then! But then my library came in with a book I had on hold. Clive Barker's new audiobook called The Scarlet Gospels. It's the continuation of PINHEAD! OMG. I can't even handle.
                      *fan girl squee*

Am I the only one with a Pinhead action figurine?
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Out shopping today I found a new independent bookshop has just opened! I came out with "Capital Crimes", a collection of vintage crime stories set in London and published by the British Library, of all people. And I still haven't started "The Goblin Emperor" by Katherine Addison, which I bought last week. Then there's the selection from the Greek Anthology that arrived today and the "Characters" of Theophrastus that's in the post. I think I need a longer day and bigger flat!

Comment

So Duce,you mean this guy?
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm reading a book ttled Erebos. It is a fictional novl about a video game that "watches you" Very interesting read I would definately suggest t to you

Comment

I'm reading Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. I've never read any of her books before.
                              Anubisa

Comment

Last book I read was "You Can...Write Your Book in a Weekend", by Tom Bird. Absolutely not recommended. The author has crawled deep into his own butt and made a home there. The first half is him going on about how his writing is a connection to god and if you're having trouble writing, you need to form the same connection, personifying parts of his brain, and making up acronyms that I'm sure he thought were very interesting and clever.

So I skipped ahead to his actual writing process. Once I got to the part where he said you should be writing 12,000 words a day, I gave up. Yeah, I get that "write a lot a day" is how to get a book done faster, but some of us physically can't do that much in a day. You stay in your butt, Tom.
                                Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                                X