This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

The curious case of an ancient Sumerian religion and Icelanders...
    Ancient Zuist movement enjoys revival as thousands join as part of protest against requirement that citizens pay taxes to state church
    baah.

Comment

Finished Devil's bag man. TOP book this year for me!

Now onto Matthew Costello's Vacation sequal, Home.

About living in a world with the can heads (not zombies, but cannibal dum dums sorta zombies):^^:
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The Taming of the Queen by Philippa Gregory.

Comment

It's an older book (1904) but still one of the more recommended titles on the subject. http://www.gutenberg.org/files/38038...-h/38038-h.htm
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Archangels Blood by Nalini Singh
            "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Got 'The rum diary' by Hunter S. Thompson for christmas, just started it. Really liking the style so far
              You remind me of the babe
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Currently As Always, Julia which is a compiled book of letters between Julia Child and Avis Devoto. Its been a great read so far. Not something I normally get into but I have really loved reading about there lives and hearing about Julia's book writing experiences. Next is Outlander I got it for a dollar at half price books. I don't know much about it but its all over my pintrest so we shall see.

- - - Updated - - -

any one else read Outlander​?
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I think I have seen something,but not sure. Something like a women transported back in time, Interesting premise.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

They turned it into a t.v. show I think. Or it might be a mini series I'm not exactly sure.
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

I read Lord of the Flies yesterday. It was such a sad book. I'm still reading Citizen Soldiers.
                      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                        They turned it into a t.v. show I think. Or it might be a mini series I'm not exactly sure.
                        It's a show on Showtime. Or is it Starz? I always get those two channels mixed up. I haven't read the book but I've seen most of season one. Hubby's read the book series though and says it's really good.
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                          It's a show on Showtime. Or is it Starz? I always get those two channels mixed up. I haven't read the book but I've seen most of season one. Hubby's read the book series though and says it's really good.
                          Starz.
                          (I only watched one episode, didn't like it but stalking the fans was fun...)
                          baah.

Comment

Hello my name is kalynraye, and I have a problem... I'm a binge reader. I started Outlander yesterday at around 7 p.m. and didn't stop till 4 this morning. The only reason I stopped is because I could literally not keep my eyes open any more. I am over 3/4 way through the book. I have enjoyed it immensely.

Comment

Next is Outlander I got it for a dollar at half price books. I don't know much about it but its all over my pintrest so we shall see.

- - - Updated - - -

any one else read Outlander​?
                              it's been a long time since I've read those but I've pretty much read all of them that she's written that far in the series. I'll probably finish the series just to see how its written butI'm sort of the opinion that it jumps the shark around the third or fourth book
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Quite a few things, I got given an reader for Christmas from my wife. Woodlands by Oliver Rackham; Stonehenge by Mike Parker Pearson; Seahenge by Francis Pryor; a paper book on cob building construction and the first book of The Last Kingdom (also in paper). Trying to make my way through these as well as pre-Christmas Fellowship of The Rings!
                                I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                                Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                                But that day you know I left my money
                                And I thought of you only
                                All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Working...
                                X