This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Just finished Detective Strongoak and the Case of the Dead Elf, sort of Prairie Home Companion radio detective show meets Tolkien and surfing. It's probably the most original book I've read in a long time. It was highly entertaining and rather well written.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

I just started Knot Magic by our own Tylluan Penry.

Comment

Whew. Finally finished up my last audiobook. Now on to part 3 called Extinction age by Nicholas Sansbury Smith. The Ebola variants are underground and evolving! THE END IS NIIIIIIGH!!!!!!!!! again

also a side note: The narrator is Bronson Pinchot. For those older than dirt, that would be Balkie from Perfect Strangers. He's a great narrator!
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I remember him..does that make me old?(Also Lady you are also old as dirt..)
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            I remember him..does that make me old?(Also Lady you are also old as dirt..)
            yup yup. I would watch this show and then Bosom Buddies with Tom Hanks!
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Reading The Dinosaur Heresies.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

audiobooking collapse by jared diamond
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  audiobooking collapse by jared diamond
                  I read that a few years ago. Good book, interesting observations. The California drought always leads me back to Diamond.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    I read that a few years ago. Good book, interesting observations. The California drought always leads me back to Diamond.
                    I read it when it first came out--it is really good...but I'm a Jared Diamond fan.

After this, I'm going for Merchants of Doubt.
                    sigpic

Comment

Lovecraft Country, by Matt Ruff. Really good book. He took the racism of Lovecraft, and wrote a mytho around it, so it ends up being about about racism in America, and a good addition to the Lovecraft corpus.

After that, next up is The God Problem: How a Godless Cosmos Creates, by Howard Bloom.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Samson's lovely mortal.
                        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I got an e-copy of Godless Paganism: Vocies of Non-theistic Pagans, which I am reading now. TBH, I'm reading it to see where they put my contribution, but its pretty good.

<---officially published (in something other than a college literary journal)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                            I got an e-copy of Godless Paganism: Vocies of Non-theistic Pagans, which I am reading now. TBH, I'm reading it to see where they put my contribution, but its pretty good.

<---officially published (in something other than a college literary journal)
                            Yay! I shall have to get a copy.

Comment

A New Age Now Begins: Volume 2 and still reading The Dinosaur Heresies (almost done).
                              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Started re reading Harry Potter have done that for a while
                                You remind me of the babe
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Working...