X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    It is an important book,in that it is a lesson on how crazy sometimes grows again from neglect of seeing the signs of its birth again.
    I am seeing, although I am a little into the 100s, how he had started to become a crazy guy. It was okay to be all for his nation and what not, but this guy was just all too much. The book has a tone of 'I'm better than everyone else.' However, I can't stop reading it. I have to know more about Hitler.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

The Myth of Matriarchal Prehistory: Why an Invented Past Won't Give Women a Future by Cynthia Eller
      Last edited by monsno_leedra; 31 May 2016, 19:13.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Nick Cutter's The Troop.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

"The Dictionary of Mythology" by J.A. Coleman
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Finished Nick Cutters The Troop. Oh man, I literally had to fast forward through one very gruesome scene that made me wince and cry. GREAT book! And now another Cutter audiobook called Acolyte. A book where the Old Testament Christian religion is now the rule of the land.

Comment

Divine Solace(Nature of Desire) by Joey W.Hill
              "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Just got a box with the first 4 books of the outlander series. So that. See you in a few days world!
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I'm reading The Mists of Avalon.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post

I know the books are good, and moving, but I have a hard time with them, knowing she was a child molester.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                      You know what, let me know what you think. I liked that book a little but I found it a little preachy and abut high and mighty in parts. I'm probably over sensitive to it, but I found Morgaine at first had a benign attitude towards Christianity and then at some point through the story I feel the author used one of the characters voices (out of character) to voice about a page long roasting on Christianity. I can't remember where or who I could try to find it again if you don't find it first.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                        I know the books are good, and moving, but I have a hard time with them, knowing she was a child molester.
                        Have to admit she went down quite a bit in my opinion after that came out. Mists of Avalon was always a challenge reading for me anyway but that revelation changed how I saw what some of the characters did. Or I should say how I imagined they might act in certain situations that were sort of implied vice stating outright.
                        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I didn't care for it really when I read it--not my style of writing. But while her personal history was awkward for me, I didn't care enough about her as an author for it to change anything on my opinion. I think the Anne Perry as teen killer was more surprising.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

The Savage Dead by Joe McKinney.

yup. zombies. on an ocean liner.

Comment

The first of the books I ordered last week arrived today, The Awen Alone by Joanna van der Hoeven. It's a skinny little thing so I should get through it fairly quickly. It looks like it'll be a nice little introduction to druidry. So far my knowledge is very fragmented so I'm looking forward to having it all laid out for me in one place.
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Ravensoul - Barclay

Comment

Working...
                                X