Last Movie Watched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Last Movie Watched?

Maleficent. It was beautiful. The same story told from the other side... with all the context and nuance that was left out of Sleeping Beauty but that makes the two stories seem absolutely believably the same but different.

And Angelina Jolie... she is so elegant. Perfect for the part.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
    Maleficent. They Disney'd it up and I knew what was going to happen but the CG was top notch and Angelina was friggin awesome. I liked it.
    I didn't actually mind the Disney-fication. I thought it was very well done, and tied it in beautifully with Sleeping Beauty. And some of the little nuances were just cunning.

Honestly... I actually would have disliked it if they had made it too different. I mean... it was different enough, with a twist enough, but still... fitted. Does that makes sense? I just really liked the way that it was the same story from the other side, with context. There was a lovely balance to it.

Comment

Practical Magic, for the first time in my life. Why have I never come across this movie before?!?!

Comment

Howl's Moving Castle, which I thoroughly enjoyed and would recommend to anyone ^^
        Work hard Play hard.
        What is history?

Comment

Watched X-Men: Days of Future Past at the actual theater (something I almost never do). It was a very good movie. I will watch it again when it's on DVD.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
            Watched X-Men: Days of Future Past at the actual theater (something I almost never do). It was a very good movie. I will watch it again when it's on DVD.

We enjoyed that one, too.

As for me, the last movie watched would be last night: World War Z

This movie was good! Or at least, it sucked me in when I did not expect it to.

Comment

Last night we watched Dave & Tucker vs. Evil. It has been a long time since a movie made me laugh until tears came to my eyes. Brilliant.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Despicable Me 2.

Comment

Thor 2, mildly curious how a certain scenario came to pass.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    Thor 2, mildly curious how a certain scenario came to pass.
                    Which? Feel free to message to prevent spoilerating if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhaethe View Post
                      Which? Feel free to message to prevent spoilerating if you want.
                      Spoiler!
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Spoiler!
                        dude even though you hid it in a spoiler it shows up on the feed :P
                        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Editing post to send PM instead, since the feed does wonky things

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                            dude even though you hid it in a spoiler it shows up on the feed :P
                            note to self, activity feed is evil. spoof it with long random character strings in the future.

Comment

note to self, activity feed is evil. spoof it with long random character strings in the future.
                              I am not as familiar with VBull as I am other forum software, but I suspect that the activity feed function isn't coded to parse BB code. Am wondering if the spoiler hack could be re-coded to insert 2-3 "dummy lines" at the front of the post (whitespace, asterisks, what have you) to compensate.

Not saying you should or anyone else should ... just the geek in me pondering out loud.

Comment

modding the feed is above my paygrade. Spoofing it however may be entertaining

Comment

Working...
                                X