This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha Watchin'?

Might be because "Castle" kinda took a weird turn right now with Castle and Beckett not together.(I think it has to do with Stana Katic saying she was going to quit Unless she got more money) I think the show was working on an angle to eliminate her role..
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm watching the snow fall and kind of wishing I still had a fireplace. My next home will have a fireplace again. Still, the snow is pretty, and it is easy to drive in with no hills to speak of.
      The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
      I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Back to more Jessica Jones. I'm on episode 8, at the moment. I was actually thinking of calling the show quits because I just couldn't get into it, but decided to give it one more episode (which was 7), and I'm glad I did. That one episode started to turn it around for me. The thing is, I was sorely disappointed because after reading sooo many rave reviews, I was expecting something more. With Daredevil being so damn amazing, I guess I was hoping for more of the same, more "super-hero" and less "super-melodrama".

I felt that they show got so wrapped up in trying to focus so hard on it being the first female lead superhero (in the MCU. I know there was Wonder Woman all those years ago), and pushing her to be a strong, feminist, central character, that they actually forgot to make her a LIKABLE character. I think that they sort of made her basically a "macho man" in a woman's body, rather than just making her a strong woman. I still don't like her as a character, but the show's gotten more interesting, at least enough to keep going.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
          I think that they sort of made her basically a "macho man" in a woman's body, rather than just making her a strong woman. I still don't like her as a character, but the show's gotten more interesting, at least enough to keep going.

I disagree with the idea that she's a dude with tatas. Actually, I think she's too stereotypically female, emotionally (or in the "I'm ignoring emotions" category). A dude with tatas (on a TV show) wouldn't be such a ****.

Chickadee has discovered iZombie...or as she calls it "Bones with Brains and Ramen". Its her new favorite.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            (or in the "I'm ignoring emotions" category)
            That's entirely my point. It's always been the idea that "real" men hide their emotions, swear, beat people up, and drink.

Chickadee has discovered iZombie...or as she calls it "Bones with Brains and Ramen". Its her new favorite.
            I watched that show just recently! I really like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
              That's entirely my point. It's always been the idea that "real" men hide their emotions, swear, beat people up, and drink.

I've always considered those guys a-holes not worth my time, onscreen of off....unless (onscreen) they have a really compelling backstory that is part of their "journey". How they are showing her hiding her emotions (her inability to overcome them) is a girl thing. A dude just effs and drink for fun in the media...sure sometime becaue he's broken, but he overcomes it to be the hero. She's too jumpy to be dude with tatas--its a girl thing, the overreaction, drowning out trauma with sex and booze, etc. She just waffles in it. I'm guessing they are trying to play it off as PTSD....but its not very well done from my experience on both sides of it.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                I'm watching the snow fall and kind of wishing I still had a fireplace. My next home will have a fireplace again. Still, the snow is pretty, and it is easy to drive in with no hills to speak of.
                My house has two fireplaces. One is occupied by a flying squirrel (so we legally can't burn wood in it) and the other is seasonably occupied by a flock of chimney swifts (so we really can't burn wood in it, lest we face the perils of the law).

I'm watching the sunrise.

Comment

During the winter months put a screen over the one with the swifts. Since they migrate you can keep them from re-entering the chimney. Does the flying squirrel hibernate in the chimney?
                  The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                  I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I believe so. But that seems a bit mean; just looking for a home of their own. Won't begrudge them that.

Comment

its an advertisement, but these are hilarious...

Dear Kitten videos--the kids are hysterical over them

sigpic

Comment

its an advertisement, but these are hilarious...

Dear Kitten videos--the kids are hysterical over them
                        K'Roe and I were watching these a couple days ago, thanks to one of your previous posts. You lead me into time wasting temptation. But that's OK. Sometimes some time needs to be just for fun.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                          K'Roe and I were watching these a couple days ago, thanks to one of your previous posts. You lead me into time wasting temptation. But that's OK. Sometimes some time needs to be just for fun.
                          Lol, the narrator is hilarious...

Sure, maybe we humans use piece of technology thousands of years in the making that could save the world to watch funny cat videos...but I think we could all use more funny cats in our lives, it would make the world a better place
                          sigpic

Comment

"What's In Your Book of Shadows?". It has some answers to questions and is good for beginners. The woman doing the video is a little boring, but it's youtube.
                            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I'm watching Empire half-heartedly.
                              "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Turkey day. You know the drill....

THE TWILIGHT ZONE MARATHON!!!!!!!
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X