Snow day 😃

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow day 😃

Still excited about snow days as an adult. Day off of work like a kid missing a day of school 😂

anybody else getting snow?

Re: Snow day 😃

I live in northern Canada. So yes, haha

Mostly art.

Comment

I enjoy snow right up until I have to start shoveling the stuff. At that point, all fondness for it tends to go away. At a certain point, shoveling snow becomes more work than my actual job, in less comfort and without the benefit of being paid for it.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
        I live in northern Canada. So yes, haha
        - - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
        I enjoy snow right up until I have to start shoveling the stuff. At that point, all fondness for it tends to go away. At a certain point, shoveling snow becomes more work than my actual job, in less comfort and without the benefit of being paid for it.
        I saw this very cool idea sometime back… you put tarp down before the storm. Then afterwards just pull the tarp down off the steps and poof. Job done. Driveway would depend on the size if you can’t use cars. ��

my husband said … give the laziest person the most difficult job and they will find the most efficient way to do it lololol

Comment

It's been ridiculously cold here for about a week. There was about an inch of snow at the beginning - which I don't mind as long as it goes away quickly. It didn't. Tomorrow, we're supposed to get some ice followed by rain as we finally warm up! I'm not a fan of extreme temps in either direction, and I'm looking forward to springtime.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Fool View Post
            never a special occasion eh? �� we haven’t had snow in two whole years �� I’ve seen many memes comparing the driving capabilities between Canada and elsewhere ��

- - - Updated - - -

I saw this very cool idea sometime back… you put tarp down before the storm. Then afterwards just pull the tarp down off the steps and poof. Job done. Driveway would depend on the size if you can’t use cars. ��

my husband said … give the laziest person the most difficult job and they will find the most efficient way to do it lololol
            That works on porches and small staircases. Unfortunately, even if they make tarps that can handle my driveway, they'd be too heavy by the end to move. The last blizzard where we didn't have access to a snow blower or a friend/relative with a plow involved 4 people shoveling snow for about six hours to make the driveway functional. It wasn't actually clear, just clear enough to use if we were careful. I do not want a repeat of this experience. It was not a fun day.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

We were iced in, in my neck of the woods. Like.. solid ice. Fortunately, I was already off work for the week so I didn't have to worry about going anywhere.
              οΏ½Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.οΏ½
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                We were iced in, in my neck of the woods. Like.. solid ice. Fortunately, I was already off work for the week so I didn't have to worry about going anywhere.

Comment

We have got some snow and ice here. I went out the first day to get groceries in the morning and slid as I was turning on the road. Thank goodness no one was there. Then as I was about to turn to get to the street to the grocery. I had to stomp on the brakes several times before it finally came to a stop. I've slid times before but I never had issues with the brakes giving me issues. Now it's starting to warm up again. Which is nice in a way. However, I still love my snowy weather.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

We do not often get snow here in Southern England but I do like it and the amazing snowscapes, especially at sunset. A couple weeks ago, though, the weather was below freezing and all the puddles froze. Lots of wet places here. I remember going up to my favourite place by a disused quarry and very sheltered from the wind. I took Paddi, my neighbour's dog and we always have wild fun. Although I have a qualification in dog behaviour, I believe in only the basic training and like to allow Paddi to let off steam with no sit stay stuff which he gets a lot of at home. He is a much loved family dog with regular outings but goes crazy when he sees me. Once outside on the flexi lead he runs in circles around me then comes to walk nicely beside me as soon as the excess energy is expressed. He is a border terrier and his favourite pastime is following a track, nose on the ground. Along the area along the quarry top there are rabbits, badgers, deer and the scent of other dogs, so plenty to keep him busy as I enjoy the views. There are many little frozen ponds there and Paddi stepped on one, shot to the other side and with only the briefest surprised pause carried on with his tracking. Paddi did not want to go back over the pond, maybe dignity was damaged but it was the funniest thing to see. No snow but frost covered ground and amazing blue sky. When it snows, just enough for the kids to have fun and in a couple days, usually melts away in the rain - we get lots of that. I am glad to say that I only had to shovel snow twice since we came here and that is exercise for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Reading your post Anubusia, I realise I have never made snow angels. Its on my bucket list for next time we get some!

Comment

Working...
                    X