This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

So I am just bloody tickled. I have lost 2 inches from my waist by simply changing my bloody eating habits, no exercise no diet just some changes. dropped bread made with wheat, and only eating homemade pasta. Breaking meals up and making sure I get enough protien keeps me full and I have lost legit belt! My pants are falling down! I love it!

As soon as I start adding exercise on top of what I am already doing I expect magicical lb melting action!

Maybe I should acquire a scale so I can track this shiznit?
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
      As soon as I start adding exercise on top of what I am already doing I expect magicical lb melting action!
      I wouldn't have too high of expectations here...a couple years ago, I watched a NOVA (maybe NOVA, but PBS either way) documentary with folks (mostly sedentary) that did a marathon training program. Only one of them lost weight, and that was the one that drastically modified her diet. Exercise is good for health and stamina and all that, but if you are trying to loose weight, its all about the food...

I might add that I am not saying this to discourage you, but more because sometimes when people don't see results, they give up. So, if you know that it won't necessarily get rid of weight, but it is better for you, you know, it will be easier to keep up.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        I wouldn't have too high of expectations here...a couple years ago, I watched a NOVA (maybe NOVA, but PBS either way) documentary with folks (mostly sedentary) that did a marathon training program. Only one of them lost weight, and that was the one that drastically modified her diet. Exercise is good for health and stamina and all that, but if you are trying to loose weight, its all about the food...

I might add that I am not saying this to discourage you, but more because sometimes when people don't see results, they give up. So, if you know that it won't necessarily get rid of weight, but it is better for you, you know, it will be easier to keep up.
        I'm not too worried about this, because I know from experience that it helps me because I still have what was once a decent shaped body still under the glorp that has formed on top of it. The trick with me is getting me to keep it up and not let it get back to this point... I have had stupid good results in the past 5 or so years getting the layers off with simple and minimal changes, I just end up going back to being a lazy slob... gotta knock that crap off!
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Lovingkindess meditation works wonders.

Comment

I dropped a class that was killing me and took care of some things and now I have Actual Real Free-Time(TM) again. So I can do things like come on PF.

selume proferre

Comment

Comment

I used to sing this to my sister when she was little.

Mostly art.

Comment

Chickadee says to The Hubby: Do I have a proper name?
                  The Hubby says back: What do you mean, a proper name?
                  Chickadee says: You know, a name that lots of people share with me!
                  The Hubby says: OH! You mean a POPULAR name... (looks at me) Honey? Is her name popular?
                  Me to Chickadee: Yeah, we didn't plan it that way, but it ends up that your name is pretty popular. Is that all right?
                  Chickadee: Oh, that is great! I have the BESTEST IDEA EVER!
                  Me: Really?
                  Chickadee: YEAH! I'm going to throw a S_________ party!
                  Hubby: A S________ party? What's that?
                  Chickadee: A party for everyone named S________! But Mom, I might need your help.
                  Me: Okay, what's the problem?
                  Chickadee: How are we going to have enough food?
                  Me: Oh. Yeah, I can't cook for that many people.
                  Hubby: What about a potluck?
                  Me: There we go--all of the S_________'s in the world can bring a dish of their favorite food to share with the other S_____________'s!
                  Chickadee (unconvinced): But...there wouldn't be enough tables.
                  Me: Well, what if every town with an S________ put up a few tables in their town square, and all of the S_______'s brought their favorite foods, and they could all hang out and talk together?
                  Chickadee: I guess that sounds like a good idea...but...how am I going to visit all of those towns to make sure they have napkins?
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

I love your daughter.

Mostly art.

Comment

Having Internet at home after 8 weeks without makes me smile.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                        I used to sing this to my sister when she was little.

awww thats a sweet song!!

Comment

On our yard this weekend:
                          baby deer.jpgbaby deer 2.jpg

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Lately our kitty Nox has done quite a lot of familiar work for StormBringer and I, keeping watch and assisting while we did some pretty tough energy work. Today he crawled up into my arms and I decided to sing a nice chant of blessing and gratitude for being a helpful familiar kitty and he suddenly clung to me and started purring really loud (he doesn't purr much usually, just sort of settles in quietly with people). I grinned from ear to ear! So sweet!

Comment

OK, technically, I still have to go in and do grades on Monday, but I don't see any kids. So, as far as I am concerned, I am now on vacation.

Time to clean out the lab, clear the cobwebs out of my head, and do good work.

2.5 months. Be jealous. Be very jealous...
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I met a boy!
                                Circe

Comment

Working...
                                X