• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
    I met a boy!
    Well go on then, tell us more .
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
      Well go on then, tell us more .
      I went to an lgbt event last night, well a dance pretty much. I went with some friends so I wouldn't feel horribly awkward. There was a boy being a wall flower and looking lost and lonely so I asked him if he wanted to dance with my friends and I. He said no XD
      20 minutes later I'm leaning on the wall and he comes over and said that he wished he'd said yes earlier. Since he didnt really want to dance we just sat and talked with my friends. Turns out he was supposed to hang out with a friend at the dance but said friend left him soon after they met up. He's agnostic, has good musical taste, volenteers to help animals, is a reader and of course cute. We have plans to meet over the weekend. My only concern is the slight age difference; he's three years younger than I am, though I never would have guessed it since he looked about my age
      Last edited by Corvus; 08 Jun 2013, 05:51.
      Circe

Comment

I went to an lgbt event last night, well a dance pretty much. I went with some friends so I wouldn't feel horribly awkward. There was a boy being a wall flower and looking lost and lonely so I asked him if he wanted to dance with my friends and I. He said no XD
        20 minutes later I'm leaning on the wall and he comes over and said that he wished he'd said yes earlier. Since he didnt really want to dance we just sat and talked with my friends. Turns out he was supposed to hang out with a friend at the dance but said friend left him soon after they met up. He's agnostic, has good musical taste, volenteers to help animals, is a reader and of course cute. We have plans to meet over the weekend. My only concern is the slight age difference; he's three years younger than I am, though I never would have guessed it since he looked about my age
        I don't know how old you are, but three years is pretty reasonable. My girlfriend is three years my junior. If you guys have compatable personalities and interests, that's way more important, so try not to let the age gap fluster you. I'm glad he came back over and talked to you ^_^.

I hope your plans over the weekend with him go well !

Comment

I don't know how old you are, but three years is pretty reasonable. My girlfriend is three years my junior. If you guys have compatable personalities and interests, that's way more important, so try not to let the age gap fluster you. I'm glad he came back over and talked to you ^_^.

I hope your plans over the weekend with him go well !
          Well I'm 17 which is why I'm concerned. He seems mature but regardless it's looked down on if youre a teenager and you date someone more than a year or two younger. Personally I don't think three years is a big deal either.
          Circe

Comment

Well I'm 17 which is why I'm concerned. He seems mature but regardless it's looked down on if youre a teenager and you date someone more than a year or two younger. Personally I don't think three years is a big deal either.
            yeah... I remember that as a teenager :/ (by the way, I'd assumed you were much older, and I mean that in a good way.)

Its really not a big deal, but people do often treat it as such. I wish you the best of luck on that front and hope its not an issue.

Comment

(by the way, I'd assumed you were much older, and I mean that in a good way.)
              Thanks! i get that a lot and it makes me feel fuzzy inside =^.^=
              Circe

Comment

Our new little kitten, Dolly, makes me smile. Still miss Magpie, but I think this little ball of fluff is helping heal our broken hearts. If you pushed her in your eyes it wouldn't even hurt, as they is in Japan. ^^
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

^ That makes me smile, Jembru.

I finally managed to update and restore my phone!
                  [4:82]

Comment

Jembru's kitten sounds amazing and made me smile. I eagerly await photographic commemoration of the little ball of fur
                    Circe

Comment

I met one of my new-found cousins yesterday. I had no idea she was showing up and it was late so unfortunately I was really tired, but it was still a decent time.
                      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                      -Erik Erikson

Comment

Got to do an ultra sound on a baby today for the first time!

Comment

Things got so much better with my boyfriend after our initial moving in phase. I think that for us, we didn't really have a "honeymoon period" and instead had a ton of hiccups related to getting used to each other and trying to merge 2 houses full of stuff (harder than you'd think). Now that we're settled, everything is normal again!

Comment

Got a new gargoyle for my garden today.
                            Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                              Got to do an ultra sound on a baby today for the first time!
                              An ultrasound on a baby or an prenatal ultrasound? If it's the latter, that's the coolest

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                                An ultrasound on a baby or an prenatal ultrasound? If it's the latter, that's the coolest
                                Yep, Baby was still in the oven!

Comment

Working...
                                X