This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

That is awesome, Bjorn Glad your feely parts are so full of love and good times.

Comment

As we're going down the highway...

Boy: Mama, I go pee-pee.
      Me: OK, we'll be there in just a second. Can you hold it?
      Boy: No, Mama, I go potty!
      Me: Can you wait just one more minute? That's our exit right -
      Boy: Mama. Stop. The car.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
        Last night I was invited to a Soup Solstice Supper at friends' house and I spent the night. There was a snowball fight inside and drinks and lots of laughter and SOUPZOMGTEHSOUPS and then the most adorable 5-year-old in the world woke me up at 9am for gifts -- and they all included me. They friggin bought me the most thoughtful gifts and I felt so loved. They got me PAGAN MAGIC incense (ok, seriously, stop knowing me so well), and Reiki charged candles for compassion (because they know I can be a grumpy bear!), and a book about MOZART AND HIS TRAVELS AROUND THE WORLD (because holy shit, they know I live and die for classical music).

I got the little one a book about a mischievous monkey and a paper recycling kit because she's a pretty forward thinking kiddo and I think it would be fun to let her know you can recycle old stuff and make it new! Even if it's a POS, I think the idea is more important than anything else. ^_^

We drank mimosas in the morning while opening presents, PBR in the afternoon to watch American football, and then we put the little Bug in a sled and pulled her on a small trek across the busy street to a bar and grill where we stuffed ourselves with delicious food and watched the last of a game someone wanted to see.

I'm so full of love I am overflowing!

First photo is of us walking and Aunt 'Damanda pulling little Bug in the sled. Second one we took last night as the snow was coming down for the first time all year! KS knew it was officially winter and time to snow! YAY!

Deez make meh cheez hard

That sounds...amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
          Pope Francis
          True dat. He's a righteous dude. Not even side eyeing!

Going here now!!!
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Hubby just came home with the exact reindeer toy the kid has been asking for but I couldn't find. I cannot wait to see her face tomorrow morning!

(Yes, we do this on Xmas, because why not?)

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
              Hubby just came home with the exact reindeer toy the kid has been asking for but I couldn't find. I cannot wait to see her face tomorrow morning!

(Yes, we do this on Xmas, because why not?)

We (sort of) do too. I mean, it falls in our Yuletime, so...why not?

And...I'm off work in 2 hours and 20 minutes! Yay! We've oh-so-graciously been given 59 minutes.

Oh, and I went and got a chocolate shake with my lunch which I am super enjoying.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Even though I'm horribly infected, I do have to find things that make me smile (all be it lopsided style). Last night my friend Sarah and I went to Naples Island to see the canal mansion Christmas lights. First we ate at this omg so awesome mexican restaurant late at night. I was, at that point, able to eat. I had a cheese enchilad, rice and beans. All with little tiny scoops in my mouth. But I ate it. Probably the last real food I'll eat all week. I digress. Then the lights! Animatronics, beautiful creative lights, one was a house full of nutcrackers, one had crazy Santas, one was all flying angel pigs. One home was all old fashioned dolls and train sets. And finally the end all of all houses..the Griswold home! While there we did spot a super friendly orange tom cat. And after a few sniffs, we stayed there for 20 minutes getting much kitty luv from the lil guy. It was relaxing and free.

Comment

My kid is high on Christmas. She's hysterical.

Comment

Hopes you are feeling better soon Duce,and this guy the super Frances Popalisius one,may the powers that be not try and retire him early.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Finally got the tooth pulled! It didn't want to come out! First they needled me about 3 different spots (didn't feel a thing with the needle since they rubbed my gum with a numbing agent). The dentist kept asking me if I was ok since I was so relaxed. I was like yup. Pull it! We waited 20 minutes and found my face was NOT numb. Which threw me into a panic. He said sometimes the infection can cause the anesthesia to not work so well. He said he would give me a few more shots and if that didn't work, I would have to come back. Oh hell no! About 10 minutes later my whole side of my face was night night. So they began to pull it. I didn't feel anything. Not even a bit of pressure. It was that numb. I could tell he was trying to crack it free. And it didn't want to give. Then I felt a weird lightness and I knew it was out!

He gave me a prescription for more antibiotics just to make sure the infection and any subsequent healing went well. And I got some Vicodin.

Now I'm super numb up to my ear! And I got some yogurt and cottage cheese and diet 7Up. I'm going to go watch movies on my laptop till I pass out.

NO PAIN SO FAR!

Comment

Yay^ awesome
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Kid is teething and has been a brat to say the least. But she finally ate some dinner and farted like a trucker and then smiled beatifically. It was glorious.

Comment

Got off work early, went for sushi, and am now making:

- chocolate hazelnut port
                            - vanilla mead
                            - and the bf is making his first mead as well

and then we are gonna drink champagne and watch World's End!

A good end to the day.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                              Got off work early, went for sushi, and am now making:

- chocolate hazelnut port
                              - vanilla mead
                              - and the bf is making his first mead as well

and then we are gonna drink champagne and watch World's End!

A good end to the day.
                              Worlds End is AWESOME. I've watched it twice.
                              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                              Seen the desert and the birds
                              You cut your hair short
                              Like a shush to an insult
                              The world had been yelling
                              Since the day you were born
                              Revolting with anger
                              While it smiled like it was cute
                              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment