This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Discovering that I share a birthday with Robert E. Howard, the father of sword and sorcery, makes me smile... and want to smite something with my battle axe...
    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
    Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

I have the highest post test (It's this new acessment thing the state is doing) grade in my psychology class. Then again it's only an 88 so our class must've done terribly...
      Circe

Comment

I had a small slice of chocolate cheesecake.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Seeing hubby finally get wheeled towards me after his surgery today.

The five hours of waiting beforehand was not so great though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
            Seeing hubby finally get wheeled towards me after his surgery today.

The five hours of waiting beforehand was not so great though.
            That is a well earned smile!

And contagious.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
              Discovering that I share a birthday with Robert E. Howard, the father of sword and sorcery, makes me smile... and want to smite something with my battle axe...
              Did you see the Solomon Kane movie? It didn't get much press, but it is one of the best Howard-based movies I've seen. Much better than the Conan movies...
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by rowanwood View Post
                i have received enough up karma votes today to cancel out the down votes i received from a certain someone. This pleases me.
                have some more
                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Definitely getting a new fur-baby. He can't come home for a month yet because he's not been weaned, but still!

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    Did you see the Solomon Kane movie? It didn't get much press, but it is one of the best Howard-based movies I've seen. Much better than the Conan movies...
                    Yes, it's actually available in full on YouTube. I liked it, but I think the premise may have come from the old Marvel comics (though I confess it's been a few decades since I read the Howard tales). In the Schwartznegger Conan movies (as well as the Red Sonja movie), the studio had the rights to use the characters, but not the REH stories, and those movies were scripted by Marvel comic book writers. I'm not sure if the same held true of the recent Conan film, but I liked it; it had more of a Howard feel, seems to me. I've been waiting for Schwartznegger to be old enough to play King Conan... we'll have to wait and see...
                    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
                    Clan of my Clan
                    Kin of my Kin
                    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,

Comment

I have a brand new son.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                        I have a brand new son.

SQUEEE! What's his name?
                        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

WHAT?!? We didn't even have time to boil water and run around in a panic!!

Congratulations, little mama!

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
                          Clan of my Clan
                          Kin of my Kin
                          Blood of my Blood

Comment

Yay! Babee babee babee
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Woot go Rafe. Congrats lovey.
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                                I have a brand new son.

Yay, another PF baby! Congrats!!!
                                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X