X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
    Got my perfume samples. Put on Ambre Narguile.

My gods I smell delicious. Why though do I have to fall in love with the $400 a bottle stuff? This is not in my price range.
    Wouldn't have even sampled something that expensive, just in case I fell in love with it...
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
      Wouldn't have even sampled something that expensive, just in case I fell in love with it...
      I can still enjoy wearing the sample -- the ones I get are probably 5-6 uses or more. I tried a different one today, Un Jardin de Mediterranee, and its also awesome. Still expensive, but I think I can swing $60 for my birthday.

It's like trying fancy food. Just the experience is worth it, even if I can't have it again.

Comment

I tried 2 perfumes that smelled similar in the bottle - Romance and La Vie Belle. Romance smelled awful on me, LVB was great. Interesting how things react with different body chemistry. In high school, I used to douse myself with a mixture of strawberry musk oil and Chantilly perfume. It's probably still in my pores!
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
          I tried 2 perfumes that smelled similar in the bottle - Romance and La Vie Belle. Romance smelled awful on me, LVB was great. Interesting how things react with different body chemistry. In high school, I used to douse myself with a mixture of strawberry musk oil and Chantilly perfume. It's probably still in my pores!
          That is the truth. I tried Eau de Mervilles, which is this beloved perfume and on me it was Eau de Urinal. I had to throw the sample away.

Comment

FroYo makes me smile
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
              Eau de Urinal.
              Literally LOL'd at that! On that note, my aunt sent me a nice Tokyo Milk hand cream - the scent was 'Gin and Rosewater'. Smelled great until I used it. Eau de Barf.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Snow day tomorrow!

I can lounge around in my jammies, the ones with the feet...
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  Snow day tomorrow!

I can lounge around in my jammies, the ones with the feet...

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Every place in Michigan has been having multiple snow days in a row. We're in a weird area that usually misses the big snows.

I want those slippers.

I also want an Elmer Fudd hat.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I totally have jammies with feet. This is an old photo, but I still have the jammies.

LOOK AT HOW LITTLE SHE IS?!! HOLY COW.

Comment

Lookitt you & the BB!

And there's bones on yer jammies!

My daughter would kill for those... Her kitty has a collar with bones...

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                          My daughter would kill for those... Her kitty has a collar with bones...
                          Wait, what? I want kitty collars with bonesez!

As well as the footie jammies!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

RW, you need a tan!

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                              RW, you need a tan!

It's honestly not even possible. Besides, I like that my skin is awesome at almost 40, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                                Wait, what? I want kitty collars with bonesez!

As well as the footie jammies!
                                I've thought about getting some footie pj's, but I think (erm, know) the hubby would laugh at me. Or roll his eyes. Seriously considering getting them anyway... but then there's the problem of using the toilet while wearing them... how's that go?
                                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X