X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
    ... but then there's the problem of using the toilet while wearing them... how's that go?
    Quickly and with partial nudity.

Comment

Mid-day naps make me smile.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Hubby finally let us buy him some Prismacolors (he doesn't like spending money, especially on himself). And right now he's sitting over there arting. He hasn't arted in a long time.

And he's back on DA. And that makes me happy.

Comment

What makes me smile: visiting my soon to be husband in March and spending 2 weeks with him.
          -Jessica [aka Whitewolf]

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
            with partial nudity.
            I don't think that I should say anything in reply to this... but it makes me smile.
            "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Hawaii has an amazing night sky. Even with the minor light pollution of the dim street lamps, I can go outside and look at this:

The constellations are much more distinguishable than this photo would suggest.

I would really smile if I got to see this:

That's the observatory atop Mauna Kea, the tallest mountain in the world. I see it every day when I leave work and I wanna go so bad.
              Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
              -Erik Erikson

Comment

My sister is house-and-bird-sitting for us while we're away, because two and a half weeks is a long time for our lorikeet to have to live in his cage (they are very intelligent and social).

She sent us a photo of him today with the caption "He's such a good bird. He climbs out on my shoulder and [my 9 month old niece] is fascinated with him and [my almost-4 year old nephew] plays the recorder to him". That makes me grin so big.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                  My sister is house-and-bird-sitting for us while we're away
                  this makes me think of the term "babysitting"... which in turn, makes me think of what my dad says when he and my mom babysit my niece and nephew... "We're sitting on babies."

It always makes me chuckle.
                  "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Off for the next two days! Yay! More lollygagging.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The target I work at has the remaining Christmas ones in men's on sale for 50% off right now....just saying
                      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I sold my car for $125. I'll take it. It stopped even starting up. It's dead. Bye bye.
                        *weak smile.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Monday: application for temp agency, call from Amarr

Tuesday: interview with Amarr only to be told they have no current positions. Receive late night call for different temp agency

Wednesday: fill out temp paperwork and get an overnight Fri-Sun gig in town

Thursday: receive call from Amarr for job opening and second interview today, second interview, receive call from another warehouse for interview next Monday, receive call from original temp agency saying I can start my training next Thursday.

No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                            Monday: application for temp agency, call from Amarr

Tuesday: interview with Amarr only to be told they have no current positions. Receive late night call for different temp agency

Wednesday: fill out temp paperwork and get an overnight Fri-Sun gig in town

Thursday: receive call from Amarr for job opening and second interview today, second interview, receive call from another warehouse for interview next Monday, receive call from original temp agency saying I can start my training next Thursday.

Way to go!
                            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                            -Erik Erikson

Comment

As of today, I have been unemployed for 33 weeks; didn't qualify for unemployment. Been turned down by fast food joints, mega-mart hardware stores, dollar stores, and companies in the field in which I have experience and technical training.

A little while ago, Wal-Mart called. I report for orientation tomorrow morning. That makes me smile.
                              I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
                              Clan of my Clan
                              Kin of my Kin
                              Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                              And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                                As of today, I have been unemployed for 33 weeks; didn't qualify for unemployment. Been turned down by fast food joints, mega-mart hardware stores, dollar stores, and companies in the field in which I have experience and technical training.

A little while ago, Wal-Mart called. I report for orientation tomorrow morning. That makes me smile.
                                Good luck!
                                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X