X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Originally posted by Clive View Post
    Philip (who by now is my fiance, I dunno if I ever mentioned) is coming to visit me for nine days next month. I'll still have to work during his visit, but still,
    Didn't you guys break it off ages ago?

Mostly art.

Comment

Being back home makes me smile

(though having to go back to work tomorrow makes me not-smile)

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
        Didn't you guys break it off ages ago?
        Eh, not really. He was just mad at me for moving. Totally understandable, of course, but when I told him after I got here that I still wanted to marry him, he was positively giddy.
        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
        -Erik Erikson

Comment

It's no lie I've been struggling with finances since the new year work hours are way down. I applied for SNAP. I'm not embarrassed about it at all either. I've been working since I was 18 and never had unemployment, worker's comp or disability or any other service( that was with my work money anyways). I've tried to just make it on my own. 2 jobs now. Hell at one point I had 3.

Well finally the snap program came through and approved me. It's not much, considering I'm one person with no kids. But it's $105 a month for food. Which is perfect because I shop every other week and usually spend $50 for a two week stint. I won't spend it on junk. I will spend it on food. I'm so grateful. This will help me immensely. (considering I'm a frugal goddess!)

Thank you universe. Right back atcha!
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            It's no lie I've been struggling with finances since the new year work hours are way down. I applied for SNAP. I'm not embarrassed about it at all either. I've been working since I was 18 and never had unemployment, worker's comp or disability or any other service( that was with my work money anyways). I've tried to just make it on my own. 2 jobs now. Hell at one point I had 3.

Well finally the snap program came through and approved me. It's not much, considering I'm one person with no kids. But it's $105 a month for food. Which is perfect because I shop every other week and usually spend $50 for a two week stint. I won't spend it on junk. I will spend it on food. I'm so grateful. This will help me immensely. (considering I'm a frugal goddess!)

Thank you universe. Right back atcha!
            You only spend $100 on food a month? What do you eat?!

Mostly art.

Comment

I am thinking the Duce knows how to cook from scratch,only way to make that money go that far,I spend about $200 for food a month,but its mostly Microwave stuff.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Lol. Mostly chorizo and papas, sandwiches, tortillas, rice, beans, burritos. Mostly Mexican. I notice I do about 50 every two weeks. And I also eat out.

Comment

medo - Copy.jpg

My baby boy (hedgehog) comes home in 7 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2890[/ATTACH]

My baby boy (hedgehog) comes home in 7 days.
                    Oh he's so cute!

I decided to go on a field trip tomorrow on the bus(s). I'm going to LACMA! (er LA museum of art) It's free after 3pm to all LA county residents. And on Friday it's open till 8pm. I'm super excited! Haven't been there in years. Hopefully they still have the headphones tour you can rent. Those things are awesome.

Comment

This guy:

Every time.
                      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Oh yeah. Who works 4 days next week? Me! Finally the hours are back for February!

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                          You only spend $100 on food a month? What do you eat?!
                          So I finally got my SNAP card and had a day off to go grocery shopping. I spent $31 and I thought I'd put my list here since you were wondering what I was eating. Mind you I already had staples in my fridge and pantry. This should last me about 10 days. And with some items on here I needed only once a month or so, I will probably be able to keep my bill to $25 a week.

oranges

lemons

apples

potatoes

red grapes

bagels

corn tortillas

graham crackers

chips

cream cheese

oatmeal

green olives

soy sauce

mrs dash lemon pepper

3 frozen bean and cheese burritos

1 whole rotisserie cheeeeeken

MEALS:
                          Chorizo con papas
                          chicken tacos
                          chicken with white rice
                          bean and cheese burritos
                          soup and grilled cheese
                          sammies
                          chicken quesadillas
                          beans and chorizo

*snacks for work: graham crackers with cut up fruit. Pb and J sammies, oatmeal.

As you can see I don't eat a lot of meat. And I usually eat carb heavy before work to get me through the shift.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            So I finally got my SNAP card and had a day off to go grocery shopping. I spent $31 and I thought I'd put my list here since you were wondering what I was eating. Mind you I already had staples in my fridge and pantry. This should last me about 10 days. And with some items on here I needed only once a month or so, I will probably be able to keep my bill to $25 a week.

oranges

lemons

apples

potatoes

red grapes

bagels

corn tortillas

graham crackers

chips

cream cheese

oatmeal

green olives

soy sauce

mrs dash lemon pepper

3 frozen bean and cheese burritos

1 whole rotisserie cheeeeeken

MEALS:
                            Chorizo con papas
                            chicken tacos
                            chicken with white rice
                            bean and cheese burritos
                            soup and grilled cheese
                            sammies
                            chicken quesadillas
                            beans and chorizo

*snacks for work: graham crackers with cut up fruit. Pb and J sammies, oatmeal.

As you can see I don't eat a lot of meat. And I usually eat carb heavy before work to get me through the shift.
                            Wow. Food must be so cheap in the states! I sat and thought about it for a few minutes, and that list would have cost me probably $60 or maybe $70. I'm seriously amazed at the difference. for me it would be something like:

oranges (cheapish)

lemons (no idea, honestly)

apples (1.89/lb)

potatoes (cheapish)

red grapes (expensive here, rarely buy)

bagels ($3-4?)

corn tortillas (a few bucks)

graham crackers ($4?)

chips (between $1-5 depending on brand and $1 are only at walmart)

cream cheese ($4?)

oatmeal ($5 for a little bag - but I buy the big bulk bags for $10)

green olives (canned, about $2, or not canned, maybe $3-4)

soy sauce (couple bucks)

mrs dash lemon pepper ($5? I've never looked)

3 frozen bean and cheese burritos ($15 if I got the good ones, maybe $7-10 if I got the shitty ones)

1 whole rotisserie cheeeeeken ($10-12)

Mostly art.

Comment

A chicken is $12?

I knew Canada was just more expensive overall, but holy cow. Usually a big rotisserie chicken is like $6-$7? Bagels can be at little as a $1 for a package of the frozen ones. Bean burritos, even the fancy organic vegetarian magical ones are like $3. The cheap ones are like .50 - $1

Comment

Lol. First let me tell you I'm a frugal shopper by necessity. I also learned a lot from reddit. I belong to r/budget foods, r/frugal etc. So I get many of my ideas there. I also don't buy a lot of meat. And I shop at a place called Food 4 Less. It's like a big box market but not a members type place like Costco. And I only buy if on sale or really cheap. I'll break it down since I have my receipt here:
                                Rotiseree chicken $5.98. And that will feed me till next shopping trip.

whole wheat bagels on sale $1.79 for half a dozen
                                flaming hot cheetos on sale big bag $1.49
                                2 pounds of potatoes 99 cents a pound
                                lemons 4 @ 2 for .78 cent each. These are expensive at the moment, but I put them on my chicken and just about everything else.
                                oranges .89 a pound got 2 pounds
                                red grapes $1.49 pound got 2 pounds
                                gala apples .89 pound got 2 pounds
                                3 doz corn tortillas $1.19
                                cream cheese on sale $1.98
                                graham crackers $3.99 box
                                Quaker oats $3.49 *they are instant 10 pack box specifically for Diabetics.
                                green olives $1.99 jar
                                soy sauce $1.39
                                Mrs Dash Lemon pepper $3.59 will last me months
                                3 frozen bean and cheese burritos 3 for $1.00 *these are super cheap. But I have a toaster oven. So when I toast them they are nice and crispy and I cover them with Tapatio. It's a perfect late night need some protein snack.

Now the soy sauce, lemon pepper, cream cheese, corn tortillas, oatmeal and graham crackers will last me past a week's worth of shopping. So I won't have to buy them next trip.

Also I normally add bologna for $1.28 and chorizo for $1.28 a package. Which gets me about 3 servings. So it's also super cheap. And bread. I do spend on bread because I like Roman meal specifically.

Comment

Working...
                                X