This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

I bow down to your frugality. Holy crap. You are a goddess.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
      nah, I'm just poor
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I know that tune Duce,grew up very poor on Welfare. My Mom could stretch the money. WE ate a LOT of beans,and my mom knew how to cook them so you did not fart a lot.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
          Seconded. I'm poor too but... wow! *adds to role model list*

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            I know that tune Duce,grew up very poor on Welfare. My Mom could stretch the money. WE ate a LOT of beans,and my mom knew how to cook them so you did not fart a lot.
            Add a chunk of ginger root, that will do it.

Also 'taters, the miracle food. Cheap, tasty, versatile. You can add them to almost anything, and they still taste good. They also are easy to grow, and grow best in lousy, sandy soil.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Got back from the Doctor's. He said my A1C went up a bit so I need to get that back in order. But my cholesterol was low as usual. My blood pressure was 109/67. My kidneys, liver and thyroid are all good. And I lost some weight. He said to keep losing the weight. So I'm pretty happy with the results.

Comment

We named the baby hedgie Janček.

Comment

Vicodin is making me feel pretty amazeballs right now. For the first time in two weeks, I'm not in pain!
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

My boss texting me back and telling me that no they don't need me this morning for the shift I got last minute drafted for. Now I get to curl up on the couch and hope the pain goes away for my actual shift tonight, but that's several hours away
                    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                    sigpic

Comment

I found an altar statue that's just perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                        Vicodin is making me feel pretty amazeballs right now. For the first time in two weeks, I'm not in pain!
                        Ha. "Amazeballs". I have found a new word.

Comment

I can cross off so many things from my stress-inducing to-do list that I've been working towards for 3 LONG and painful years... it's very strange. Now I have to learn how to live without having all that weight on my shoulders. I think I can deal with that. Yes, there will always be stressors, but they won't be on the same scale as my former evading homelessness, securing medical insurance for a spouse who is a college student with asthma, and making sure we are diligent in meeting immigration's requirements so I won't be separated from my family ever again. ^^

I'm still not where I want to be, but at least I can see that my hard work and periods of insanity have paid off in the long run. Plus I have hot chocolate and a day off, so that's always good.

Comment

An interview. And a certain bearded ginger who has taken me on two dates so far and actually doesn't mind being intimidated, in his words.
                            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

We have a new male employee at the tool store. He's a burly guy with a full red beard. His name is Vincent.

*fresh meat. Sharpens claws and sprays them with perfume

Comment

I slept all day today. Only woke up once, and was able to go right back to sleep, didn't even have to get up and pee. I'm smiling on the inside.

Ginger beards and bears make me smile, too.
                                Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                                -Erik Erikson

Comment

Working...
                                X