• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

How amazing! I'm thankful for you!

Comment

Sounds pretty sweet, V. I lived in a similar way when I first moved here - got my water from a spigot which led to a spring, had solar power and whatnot. It's pretty cool. You can have all my mojo.
      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
      -Erik Erikson

Comment

Well, yo mojo's worked. Cuz we got emailed the lease this morning. The only catch is we have to move in on the 12th (the house needs constant maintenance so it doesn't freeze) ...and we have to tell our current landlord/roommate that yet. And this month will be expensive because of the damage deposit/propane costs go through this month/double rent (half here, half there) ...but we'll figure it out.

Mostly art.

Comment

Grats! I hope it is everything you need! Because it sounds like a great fit for you!
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Up until 1:30 last night (this morning?) pulling the stuff together for my review at work.

Did very well!

I get to continue working for another year.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              Up until 1:30 last night (this morning?) pulling the stuff together for my review at work.

Did very well!

I get to continue working for another year.
              Excellent news, pard.
              Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
              -Erik Erikson

Comment

I stumbled on this blog of a mother who makes crocheted pokemon plushies for her kids and they (the plushies) were so cute. She also posts patterns so people can make their own, which would be useful if I could crochet. It's the small things like this that make me happy
                Circe

Comment

Ahhh yeah! Jeans that fit. Old Navy had a 30% off sale for cardholders. I only buy jeans once a dang year. So when I buy them, they better last and better fit me like buttah. Which is hard with my non butt skinny leg issue. I tried jeans on after work for an hour. And found the new super skinny rockstar capris for summer. One pair came out to $22. They didn't have any other colors in my size. But I just ordered them on-line now that I know for sure the correct size. And with my discount it pretty much was covering my shipping. So I have jeans for the year!

I still have my skinny ones, but they ripped in the back of the thigh. So I'm going to iron on a cute patch and wears those for not at work times. 5
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Best jeans I bought were Cosco ones,their generic brand,Kirkland. They fit well,and last a long time. I wear loose fit cause I am an old fart and comfort is king when your old.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

These 2 girls from my training class that work the same hours as me are some of the most fun girls I know, AND we kill it at work (we're top 3 from the class and I'm #2 ).

The two of them ride together because the 21-year-old almost-all-grown-up Capricorn doesn't have wheels, so the 27-year-old Gemini/Taurus cusp, only dates black men sassy pants picks her up. On their way to work, they smoke a good morning blunt, which the three of us then smoke later on our lunch break (which is at 10:15ish AM, mind you). We're like a little unit, we take our breaks at the same time unless someone is on a call, and then we'll bring them back the half-cigarette we saved for them.

After work, we usually meet up and hang out for a while after work, running errands and talking, or we meet up later because we're done with whatever we were doing and we wanna have a good-night smoke.

These ladies, man, they're so smart and so chill and so honest that it's impossible to think that I've only known them since March 3.
                      No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Went to an excellent bluegrass show last night with my male and two best friends. Got to see The Brothers Comatose and Yonder Mountain String Band. The music was awesome and we all had a great time. Bluegrass, genuine friends, and the coolest boyfriend ever. What more could you want?

Comment

I skied in a 15km ski loppet yesterday. That's 10km more than I've skied in my short skiing life. I did it in three hours on the nose, and everyone was in high spirits after in the chili tent.

Today, however, I have learned there are muscles in my hips that I didn't know I had. I can barely walk, lol.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                            I skied in a 15km ski loppet yesterday. That's 10km more than I've skied in my short skiing life. I did it in three hours on the nose, and everyone was in high spirits after in the chili tent.

Today, however, I have learned there are muscles in my hips that I didn't know I had. I can barely walk, lol.
                            That'll do it! sounds awesome!
                            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Pau hana - finished with work - I got paid and it's the start of my three-day "weekend."
                              -Erik Erikson

Comment

Little Pidgin dictionary for ya,though ya gots the real deal for dakine ting.

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X