This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Even though I am poor as dirt. And I had a stressful day with collection agency and my bank...I charged me some new Skechers. Because my old ones are 2 years old and full of holes. I'm not even going to mar the joy of getting new shoes with any guilt. It aint happening. Not today.

Today I got new sneakers. Black, turquoise and white!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Hubby is rubbing a kitty in my face! an actual cat, not a metaphor....
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Still trying to figure out what the hell I believe, years after leaving the Christian faith. Turns out that Ares was the patron of city guardsmen. That's mildy amusing to me, because I always thought he was a war god, and I can't think of two things less related than policing and soldiery. So I guess I have some reading to do.

Edit: On reflection, city guardsmen weren't policemen, strictly speaking.

Comment

When I encounter a dog or cat that has no fear or timidity, toward unknown humans, it makes me smile... because I know that animal has never experienced anything but kindness from people.

I know that some animals are afraid and/or timid, by nature... that doesn't mean that they have been abused. I know... so the reverse isn't true... just because an animal is afraid/timid around people doesn't mean that they have been abused, but animals that are not timid/afraid around people have, almost certainly,not been abused.

When I am walking down the street, and a dog growls at me, or a cat hisses at me, I think "He/she feels that I am imposing on his/her territory."

When I am walking down the street, and a dog or a cat (that doesn't know me) approaches me without hesitance/timidity, I think "he/she has had good experiences with people."

That makes me smile.
          "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Watching my wife sleep.

Comment

I GOT MY PURSE BACK!!! So relieved

Comment

I found a local vet that sees hedgehogs, doesn't treat mites with ivermectin, and doesn't make me pay an arm and a leg for a wellness check.

Comment

For some reason I am pretty happy today for no special reason. Perhaps it's because my internet connection is back and I can log in PF again!!!! =^_^=
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Since DADT was repealed, I've noticed a ton of females sporting male regulation haircuts in the Navy.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Spent the day cleaning up all the previous tenant's empties from across the 3 acres we live on. Three full garbage bags of empties. I suppose it should be in rants, but I'm just happy the tundra is clean now.

Mostly art.

Comment

going to bed now, might get a massage
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                          I found a local vet that sees hedgehogs, doesn't treat mites with ivermectin, and doesn't make me pay an arm and a leg for a wellness check.
                          Is there an issue with ivermectin and hedgehogs? Professional interest... we don't have hedgehogs here and we use ivermectin to treat mites in several species (except dog breeds who are sensitive).

Comment

Cleaned up my chinnie's eye irritation today

Comment

Maybe I'm just an emotional kitty today....but this actually moved me to tears. If god were real, it would sound like this:
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                                Is there an issue with ivermectin and hedgehogs? Professional interest... we don't have hedgehogs here and we use ivermectin to treat mites in several species (except dog breeds who are sensitive).
                                Ivermectin is incredibly easy to overdose when given to hedgehogs and there are a lot of horror stories involving the ivermectin injections and oral applications. Stories like... hedgehogs going mad and tearing out their innards... Or hedgehogs bleeding out internally. There are a lot of horror stories involving hedgehog fatalities due to accidental overdosing.

Revolution is applied topically and it's diluted down by the vet. It's much much much safer than ivermectin. But... a lot of vets stick to ivermectin because it's been around for so long and not a whole lot of the vets that treat hedgehogs are completely aware of the effects.
                                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My husband graduated from college today. And we may be able to move out of this toxic nightmare of a "home" in a few months, if my math is accurate. We won't be able to buy a house anytime soon, but at least we'll be able to get to a healthier living situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X