X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    To keep the squirrels out of the bird feeder, I used to rub hot peppers on the support post.

Then, they started showing up wearing sombreros and carrying bottles of tequila...
    That would be my squirrels!!! LOL
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
      That would be my squirrels!!! LOL
      I think the sombreros came off El Toro bottles. They were red, and made of plastic.

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

The annual, extended cluster**** more popularly known as summer is almost over.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          The annual, extended cluster**** more popularly known as summer is almost over.
          Good, that means summer is coming over here!!!
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I know I shouldn't laugh because these animals gave up their skins for this, but I can't help it...

CRAPPY TAXIDERMY
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I know I shouldn't laugh because these animals gave up their skins for this, but I can't help it...

CRAPPY TAXIDERMY
              I think the titling theme of that website could give someone motion sickness. Blarg.

Comment

On top of the pagan shop taking my stuff and selling it, I got a call back from the Country Club I applied to and I've got an interview tomorrow!! Well....now today, but still. I'm bouncing with excitement. They start at 9.50/h plus tips
                Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                sigpic

Comment

2.5 sleeping pills. Let the sleepy times roll.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Pretty sue my student nailed her piano exam today!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                    Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I've worked many long hours the last 2 weeks. And with my tax return and this paycheck I was able to pay off my Capital One Visa completely and pay my other bills and have budget money for the next 2 weeks.

I'm a happy Satanic Kitteh tonight.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        I've worked many long hours the last 2 weeks. And with my tax return and this paycheck I was able to pay off my Capital One Visa completely and pay my other bills and have budget money for the next 2 weeks.

I'm a happy Satanic Kitteh tonight.
                        Good work duce

RIP

You cut your hair short
                        Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I could have gone home for Christmas. Or back home to Smithers for a better Christmas with friends.

But instead, we just used all my aeroplan points to fly us from YK to Cancun for two weeks for free in January. ^_^

My best friend is going to be so pissed with me for not coming home to visit, but...I haven't left the country in over two years and it's killing me.

Mostly art.

Comment

Outlander is on tomorrow.

Comment

A friend of mine came in to the store (we work in the same place but he had off today.) He had his 4 year old nephew with him, and the little boy said "I saw you in the picture and you were so beautiful, so beautiful, really really beautiful." I wanted to keep him.....
                              I think he was referring to our group photo of work people, not sure. But wow.... this kid has got mad pick up skills.
                              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

CRAPPY TAXIDERMY
                                Some of these are not crappy taxidermy, just whimsical.

Others, though, are pure nightmare fuel.

The parakeet Pez dispenser was a hideous combination of both.
                                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Working...
                                X