This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

I believe in vegetables....but I've tried abot a half dozen kle chips recipes and the've never come out right. And I've tried a few commercial brands...still not fond.

Best way to eat kale is in a smoothie where you cant taste them
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post

It's not -that- cold here, but we just had our first frost and the weather is getting pretty cold, pretty fast. You might just see some snow or even some -10 temps when you come visit!
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

The district manager was around checking out stores all weekend. He spent some time in our store yesterday. My boss told me the DM was impressed with me and how I was taking charge of the front end. So that really made me smile!
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Going out to the new German style bar tonight for my friend's birthday. I haven't had nearly enough sleep, but I'm excited to be going out!
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

The Christmas Markets opened yesterday! I haven't been yet, but I'm going to the first of the season tomorrow!

Also, I bought an advent calendar today. It's soy-free (I'm allergic), fair trade, and organic!

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
              The Christmas Markets opened yesterday! I haven't been yet, but I'm going to the first of the season tomorrow!

Also, I bought an advent calendar today. It's soy-free (I'm allergic), fair trade, and organic!
              You remind me of the babe
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Comment

It really is, I haven't been there for a few years though We do have some markets, lots actually but the germans are famed for theirs. ours are still nice, just a much smaller scale
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Not making money today, so I guess I'm mass producing cookies. Gotta do something or the crazies will get me.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                      Not making money today, so I guess I'm mass producing cookies. Gotta do something or the crazies will get me.
                      It is remotely possible that this plan will summon crazies in search of food.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Hanging out with my wife and her niece. Yeah, I'm on vacation and we've not had a lot of time just the two of us, but it's nice to sit and relax, playing with the little one and watching bizarre kid's shows.

Comment

I made cookies yesterday...oatmeal with chips of dark chocolate, butterscotch, caramel, and peanut butter, plus another batch with pecans and walnuts and dried cranberries, cherries, and golden rasins. Just enought cookie to hold together the stuff...

sorry you arent working today
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                            I made cookies yesterday...oatmeal with chips of dark chocolate, butterscotch, caramel, and peanut butter, plus another batch with pecans and walnuts and dried cranberries, cherries, and golden rasins. Just enought cookie to hold together the stuff...

sorry you arent working today
                            Aw thanks. I have made PB chocolate chip cookies, and 3 batches of ginger snaps (I only make these once a year, at Christmas time, to mail home to my family). I still have shortbread to do, and then I can start mailing my gifts home.

Mostly art.

Comment

I just realised my birthday is less than a week away. not fond of birthdays, but it also means it's a year since my boyfriend proposed
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Have you all seen those new Nestle Delightfulls baking chips? They're baking chips with fillings. The fillings are mint, peanut butter, caramel, and cherry. I'm not sure about the mint, and I'm not going anywhere near the cherry, but I'd definitely take the peanut butter and caramel. We just got them in at the store I work at and they're about the same size as regular baking chips.

I wouldn't mind using the peanut butter ones in a chocolate chip or peanut butter cookie recipe. That would be pretty yummy.

Comment

Working...
                                X