X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Get Chicago news and Illinois news from The Chicago Tribune
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Considering how MANY buffalo there were in this country(Would take over 3 days for a heard to pass) also for the passenger pidgin,their passing flock would black out the sun..

But still glad the little Calf? was born...
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        That's just as bad... taking back access to health care, voting rights, the ability to work and own property...heck, the ability to not BE property!
        As much as I hate the phrase "social Darwinism" (a perversion of Darwin's actual ideas...), this says it, right here:

What kind of society do Republicans want? It looks like social Darwinism.
        They’re not conservatives. They’re regressives. And the America they seek is the one we had in the Gilded Age of the late nineteenth century.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I spent the day at The Natural History Museum of LA today. I has such a relaxing day. Just me and the dinos. And my headphones plugged in tight listening to Depeche Mode so I wouldn't hear all the kids. Surprisingly it wasn't over crowded. I picked a later afternoon time I guess. The brand new Dino hall was my fave! I was able to touch fossils and do all sorts of fun things. And I got to step inside a dino foot print. I would be a mentos mint inside a trex's mouth. Also there were giant ground sloths. I mean HUGE. I had no idea. And a frogs head as big as a huge turtle. That would be terrifying.

I ate lunch at the new Nature Gardens

And ended the day with a walk through the Exposition Rose Gardens

But two things made my day. One was a giant mural of Marvel superheros and I got to see WOLVERINE!
          Two was there was an actual QUIZNOS subway shop across USC. OMG. I sat down and I was in heaven!

And now it's nap time. I'm beat. Next week it's a trip to the zoo!
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

My girlfriend and I just finished planting 12 or so different types of herbs and vegetables for the season! Very excited to watch them grow and use the herbs in new tonics, and incense.
            "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
            And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
            They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
            The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
            - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

I've just done a lovely ritual at work. It was deeply moving and yet very simple to perform. This is definitely going into my BOS for future use when I get home. I'm in a great mood now.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

So that group on Facebook labelled "Odins law," the one filled with hate speech from racist bigots, was taken down by the administration staff at Facebook after I reported it. That's right, the 8000 members that were using my gods names for their hate speech cannot do so on such a page any longer. I cannot hold back my joy at this point. Ahaha
                "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Who is going to the Ren Faire this Sunday? Why it be me!!! My friends want to dress up. Look. It's hot. I'm going in capris and a black tank top with a big black umbrella. But I did stop at the Dollar Tree store next to work. Picked up $6 worth of supplies to put my hair up with red and pink roses, red and pink ribbons and some red butterfly clips. I have no idea what I'm doing. But I have a crap load of bobby pins and determination.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    Who is going to the Ren Faire this Sunday? Why it be me!!!
                    Can I come, too?

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I went on a day trip with friends about a week ago up to a Buddhist temple situated in the mountains and took a bunch of pictures. I've set one as my phone background and I smile whenever I see it now. It makes me pretty happy.
                      Circe

Comment

Ohh. From the Ren Faire website. It's a themed weekend!
                        April 18 & 19
                        Time Traveler Weekend / Military Appreciation / Scouts Weekend
                        We invite all our guests to dress up in your finest time-traveling attire. No matter which century you portray, we're looking forward to celebrating a leap back (or forward) in time! It is, after all, a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey... stuff.
                        Steam Punk Costume Contest! (Saturday and Sunday) Sign up at the Guest Services booth at the top of the Food Court. All contestants will gather and toast in the Food Court Area from 3:30 to 4pm. While the Time Travelers Meet and Greet, anonymous judging will occur. We’ll close our gathering with a group photo. The winners of the Renaissance Pleasure Faire’s Steam Punk Awards will be announced at 5pm. The Steam Punk Costume Contest is sponsored by Castle Wood Cottages. Grand Prize Winners receive a complementary 2 night stay!
                        Saturday’s Steam Punk Contest features: Costuming
                        Sunday’s Steam Punk Contest features: Accessories
                        photo: Dwain Linden
                        Pretty much all Steam Punk all day. And also a crap load of Dr Who looks!

Comment

I found shoes for my wedding. And the model is called Iris Iris. Made for me, yup.
                          You remind me of the babe
                          What babe?
                          The babe with the power
                          What power?
                          The Power of voodoo
                          Who do?
                          You do!
                          Do what?
                          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I should film my children....right now they are playing Minecraft in their underwear, sunglasses, and hats (don't ask my why), with with a box of Cheerios between the two of them (and eating them off chopsticks), commentating their Minecraft backstory with awful British accents (I'm saying that their attempt at British accents are awful, not that British accents are awful).
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Kids are such comics. And to be able to dig your own creativity back out from the pile of adult stuff you have to carry around is magic.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                                I should film my children....right now they are playing Minecraft in their underwear, sunglasses, and hats (don't ask my why), with with a box of Cheerios between the two of them (and eating them off chopsticks), commentating their Minecraft backstory with awful British accents (I'm saying that their attempt at British accents are awful, not that British accents are awful).
                                How do your kids know what JP and I do on a weekend? This is us right down to the bad British accents, although ours aren't put on!
                                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                                X