X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    How do your kids know what JP and I do on a weekend? This is us right down to the bad British accents, although ours aren't put on!

lol!!!

We've moved on to skylanders and playing with cat time.

I think we are about to head to the beach.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

I'm on my first vacation in 2 years. I've only had 2 since I came back to the US 4 years ago.

I only got "dressed" (yoga pants and a t-shirt) a couple times to get a tattoo, snacks, and visit the dentist (ok that one wasn't as fun). Finishing up projects and being glued to the paranormal channel, river monsters and shark week reruns. ^^

Comment

I think I'm excited for tomorrow Ren Faire. But not about the Ren Faire. See, my friends and I are going to lunch first. We are going to Shakey's. You know what that means? Bunch of Lunch!!!!!

A fattycake's dream! I am so giddy!
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          I think I'm excited for tomorrow Ren Faire. But not about the Ren Faire. See, my friends and I are going to lunch first. We are going to Shakey's. You know what that means? Bunch of Lunch!!!!!

A fattycake's dream! I am so giddy!
          Shakey's Pizza? You still have Shakey's Pizza? Gawd, how I miss Shakey's! We used to go to Bunch o' Lunch and eat 'til they would ask us to leave (all you can eat my Aunt Petunia)...
          I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
          Tribe of my Tribe
          Clan of my Clan
          Kin of my Kin
          Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
          And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

There aren't many around. But luckily there is one just down the street. I seriously love their pizza. And on the Bunch of Lunch, they do this pizza with all meat and bacon. Baaaaaaaaaacon.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The Shakey's here had the best broasted chicken and these wonderful mojo potatoes... mmm, now I'm hungry... how far is Shakey's from Tulsa?
              I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
              Tribe of my Tribe
              Clan of my Clan
              Kin of my Kin
              Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
              And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

I just got back from Amsterdam to visit some friends from college. I had the BEST time. I probably slept 8 hours between the 48 hours when I left and when I got back (though I crashed for almost 11 hours last night) but it was TOTALLY worth it. I haven't seen one of my friends in 3 years and the other in 5 (although she actually lives in the Netherlands, so she's closer...we're always so busy!) and we haven't all hung out together in 10 years. I'm so glad I went!

Comment

Its an ABSOLUTELY beautiful day in dallas texas!! Its 77 sunny with some rolling clouds and everything is in bloom. The only thing that would have made this more perfect would be if I was at the Renn fair today.
                  "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Window shopping for DSLR's and lenses/filters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                      Window shopping for DSLR's and lenses/filters.
                      See any good ones? I could use a macro lense.
                      You remind me of the babe
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Not being on closing crew tonight.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                          See any good ones? I could use a macro lense.
                          I'm leaning towards the Nikon D3200. Since I'm not interested in video or wifi connection (?), and I'm just starting to dabble with photography, it seems like a decent one to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                            I'm leaning towards the Nikon D3200. Since I'm not interested in video or wifi connection (?), and I'm just starting to dabble with photography, it seems like a decent one to start with.
                            Nikon is pretty good I think. I'm pretty fond of canon. Started out with a 1000D, then a 500D, both are great beginner cameras. I have a 7D now
                            You remind me of the babe
                            What babe?
                            The babe with the power
                            What power?
                            The Power of voodoo
                            Who do?
                            You do!
                            Do what?
                            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I have the Cannon EOS Rebel T5i...I like it
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Canon EOS 50D here. My beloved Olympus OM2-N (FILM) gave out after several decades.
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X