This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

I discovered that one of my more "sentimental" books was actually obscure enough to be considered collectible. I sold it. I've already read it a dozen times and I need the cash more than I need the clutter. But it's still nice to know that my hard-to-find resources are still sought after.

Comment

Being off my feet.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Pictures of adorable puppies, especially pit bulls!
        "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

My cat is eating my new flip flops.
          A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe,' limited in time and space. He experiences himself...as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a prison for us... Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the of whole nature in its beauty...
          --Albert Einstein

Comment

My internet is back! Yay. And I'm having a strange dejavoo of what happened a year or two ago. O_o
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I went out to feed my newly discovered outdoor furry friend and her two kittens, then sat inside and watched the three of them eat and play. I tried to get a picture of them for you, Gleb, but I didn't want to get too close because they always run.

Comment

It's ok. Good work there, my friend!
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I might be able to get a temporary driver's license pretty soon (the thing is still missing)! And it should be legit in all the Nordic countries! Perhaps I'm not going to see the majesty of Norway from the backseat.
                  Now I just wonder if there's a meditation or ritual for remaining confident at the police house.
                  baah.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    Being off my feet.
                    So much this right now. This is the longest I've hiked since I dislocated my knee. Knees, tender and stiff, but not as bad as I thought. My quads though? Oh dear god. My quads.

Sitting is awesome.

Mostly art.

Comment

Finished my statement of purpose for the university admission and got the tuition deposit ready. Good times ahead

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Discovered 3 folk metal bands I like! One is Heljareyga, Skiltron, and at least some of Dalriada.

Comment

Just went for a midnight walk down by the lake it's lovely
                          You remind me of the babe
                          What babe?
                          The babe with the power
                          What power?
                          The Power of voodoo
                          Who do?
                          You do!
                          Do what?
                          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Baby bunnies. I've been seeing a lot of them around my home lately.

Comment

Vacation has began. Four days away from the house, out in the woods with family, and dogs. I am so ready for it. I should finish packing and get the crate loaded in the car so I can go to sleep we leave a 6:30 a.m. to meet the in-laws for breakfast and head out.

Also I don't know if I've told you guys but you all make me smile. One of the best parts of my dad is hoping on to see how everyone is doing!!!
                              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Um.
                                Wolvie is going to be in the new X-Men movie.
                                Um.

*fan girl squeeeeeeeeeee
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X