This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

When I joined the military 12 years ago, DADT was still the policy.

Today, I saw this:

"We recognizegay, lesbian and bisexual service members and LGBT civilians
    for their dedicated service to our country; the heroiccontributions made by
    these Americans strengthen our national security. Whetherofficer, enlisted,
    civilian employee, or family member, their inclusiongives our Department
    greater promise and possibility." -Clarence A.Johnson, Director, Office of
    Diversity Management and Equal Opportunity

Change happens people. It may not happen as fast as we would like, but it happens. It happens because dedicated people don't give up, and they keep working.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

That is awesome news!

I'm smiling for a smaller reason. e.l.f. had a free shipment with any order, no minimum. They just released a matte eye shadow palette for $10! I ordered it. Yay!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The first two episodes of TeenWolf season 5 are online. Dis makes me smile.
        Medusa, perhaps you'll like it. It's a bit similar to Wolvarine. A bit.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Finally found a motorcycle jacket that fit my husband well. Third time's the charm.

Comment

Apparently, in my hometown there's place where you can read poems to sheep. The idea is so charmingly silly that it makes me smile.
            baah.

Comment

Apparently, in my hometown there's place where you can read poems to sheep. The idea is so charmingly silly that it makes me smile.
              In the 21st Century, sheep are the single largest consumers of poetry.

They don't particularly like it, never understand it, but enjoy the feeling of baa-baa-baaing along with a group...
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I got several for today
                1. We finally left the hospital today and got some rest while our little Lily was sleeping.
                2. My daughter smiled at me today. Or, well, it looked like she smiled. I'll take it, because she was looking at me when she did it.
                3. Her nursery is just beautiful
                4. Today, while she was sleeping in her crib, I was reading, and when I went to check on her, I found my cat in the crib with her, cuddling. It was the cutest thing. But the girlfriend didn't approve what so ever. I wish I got a picture of the look on the cats face. My cats name is Lila. Lila and Lily
                5. It's nice and chilly outside, and our house is nice and warm, but finally a nice night after blazing hot weather.
                6. I finally get to sleep in my own bed after that horrible hospital couch pull out bed thing. Wouldn't recommend.
                7. The coffee I am drinking is bringing back old memories of my friend who left for New Mexico. I miss him so much, but we would always sit up till 4-7 in the morning, just reading, drinking coffee by the pots. Can't help but smiling thinking about it, ontop of everything else going on in my life.
                "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

I got me some plans for fireworks at the park with my friends.

Comment

Acupuncture this morning makes me smile.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Because I don't drink....after a crappy night at work I came home and had my version of a drink.
                      I ate leftover cold thin crust pizza, a larger order of McDonald's fries and some dark ripe cherries. Washing it down with a Diet Dr Pepper and my Diabetes pills.

I'm naughty.

Comment

So I picked up my 8g sandisk for $39.99! It's awesome. Download all the audiobooks!
                        And I stopped at Mrs See's candy store. I rarely eat chocolate candy any more. So if I do, it's gonna be the good stuff. Dark choc with walnuts, peanut and walnut crunch and my fave raspberry dark chocolate truffle.

Also while waiting at the bus stop at the mall, my mother visited me. I saw this little elderly crazy lady get off the bus. She was blond wearing a colorful outfit with clips in her hair. Just chatting away at the teen girl next to her. She didn't look anything like my mother. But her mannerisms were dead on. I was washed over with feels. And I teared up under my sun glasses.

My mother shows up at the most weirdest times.
                        And on the way home 2 butterflies decided to dance around me! Right up to my face!

Comment

Alright,what pills did the Cos give you???
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            And I stopped at Mrs See's candy store. I rarely eat chocolate candy any more. So if I do, it's gonna be the good stuff. Dark choc with walnuts
                            Hmmm. Today is National Chocolate with Almonds Day.

- - - Updated - - -

Not Your Father's Root Beer. Totally makes me smile, since it's booze but tastes like real root beer at the same time. And makes great root beer floats!

Comment

I saw something about that root beer beer,,,Why did they not have this stuff when I was young and still drinking..
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Downloading The Twilight Zone radio series. So stoked! Creepy stories for bed time.

Comment

Working...
                                X