This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Watching the male duck try to have his way with female goose and get his butt whooped ...
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
      Red rag to a bull! It would be my pleasure to share pictures of my stationary! ^^

Here they are in all their matching glory (great horned owl is one of my spirit helpers, hence the owl theme);

And here is what I meant about decorating the pages to compensate for my scratchy handwriting (my English handwriting is equally poor);

(I've only just noticed I've written that Japanese letters are organised into 3 sections, then gone on to list 4.. maths was never my strong point).

As you can see, the old book had a margin, which gave me less space to write my notes. The new book doesn't have though, so I have a larger space at the bottom to annotate the main text, as you can kinda see here..

My photobucket account is nearly all photos of alters and notebooks/textbooks. That's probably me in a nutshell right there!
      Awesome! *former student of Chinese drools at the Kanjis*
      I usually go to Flickr or Pinterest or whathaveyou, these artsy sites and search for 'journaling' or 'notebooks'. But it makes me feel a bit dirty, like peeping into some young girl's world as journals are a pretty private thing... :P
      baah.

Comment

Awesome! *former student of Chinese drools at the Kanjis*
        I usually go to Flickr or Pinterest or whathaveyou, these artsy sites and search for 'journaling' or 'notebooks'. But it makes me feel a bit dirty, like peeping into some young girl's world as journals are a pretty private thing... :P
        You can do that on Pintrest? My mum keeps telling me I should go on there, but I'm not even sure what it is. I'm pretty interested all of a sudden though. When I was first learning to hand-write last year, I did a search for Japanese school books and based my writing style around my favourite one. That's how I discovered they just turn their books on the side like I have done.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

You can do that on Pintrest? My mum keeps telling me I should go on there, but I'm not even sure what it is. I'm pretty interested all of a sudden though. When I was first learning to hand-write last year, I did a search for Japanese school books and based my writing style around my favourite one. That's how I discovered they just turn their books on the side like I have done.
          You can! And I'm quite sure you'll find something on Japanese too! (At least those Japanese notebooks, can't remember their name anymore were pretty popular some years ago (I wasn't on pinterest back then but I had a moleskine notebook so I was kind of in touch with the notebook world.)
          And we even have a secret PF board on Pinterest!
          baah.

Comment

So.. I know I mentioned Noujain in the debate thread about immigrants. Honestly though, I'd rather turn off my alerts and go back to ignoring that thread. BUT I did go back and mention that I'd seen Noujain again on John Oliver's show last night. It made me very happy, so I thought I'd share the video here.

- - - Updated - - -

You can! And I'm quite sure you'll find something on Japanese too! (At least those Japanese notebooks, can't remember their name anymore were pretty popular some years ago (I wasn't on pinterest back then but I had a moleskine notebook so I was kind of in touch with the notebook world.)
            And we even have a secret PF board on Pinterest!
            Japanese notebooks? Hmm.. all I can think of is genkouyoushi, but that's more a type of paper than a notebook. If you remember let me know for sure, because I probably won't have heard of it.

Also, a bit off topic but.. is writing in Chinese, ie. ALL in kanji, not a royal pain? I couldn't imagine having to do that. In Japanese I often just write words in hiragana, the phonetic and infinitely easier characters, even if I know the kanji, just because the kanji has too many strokes and I'm lazy. I've got to admire anyone who could write entirely in kanji and not lose their mind! ^^
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Red rag to a bull! It would be my pleasure to share pictures of my stationary! ^^

Here they are in all their matching glory (great horned owl is one of my spirit helpers, hence the owl theme);

And here is what I meant about decorating the pages to compensate for my scratchy handwriting (my English handwriting is equally poor);

(I've only just noticed I've written that Japanese letters are organised into 3 sections, then gone on to list 4.. maths was never my strong point).

As you can see, the old book had a margin, which gave me less space to write my notes. The new book doesn't have though, so I have a larger space at the bottom to annotate the main text, as you can kinda see here..

My photobucket account is nearly all photos of alters and notebooks/textbooks. That's probably me in a nutshell right there!
              The stationary and accessories is adorable! Owls are awesome

But the book holder is such a nifty idea! It must make note taking so much easier... Do you mind if I ask where you got it?

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingCompass View Post
                The stationary and accessories is adorable! Owls are awesome

But the book holder is such a nifty idea! It must make note taking so much easier... Do you mind if I ask where you got it?
                My mum gave me it. I'm not sure exactly, but I think she got it from a craft store. You're meant to put your needle craft book on it to free your hands! It really is very handy though. I don't know why so many textbooks don't stay open when you lay them on the desk. It's really annoying, especially if you need both hands to flick through a dictionary every 3 minutes!

Comment

You guys make me smile.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy... Jem, it's fabulous!!! You seem to have great knowledge in it!
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

My mum gave me it. I'm not sure exactly, but I think she got it from a craft store. You're meant to put your needle craft book on it to free your hands! It really is very handy though. I don't know why so many textbooks don't stay open when you lay them on the desk. It's really annoying, especially if you need both hands to flick through a dictionary every 3 minutes!
                    I'll have to keep an eye out for one of those! It looks and sounds so nifty
                    Next time I go to Michael's, I'll have to check out their knitting section and see if they have it there.

Comment

That many matching accessories? I smell Paperchase...

That place and Lush are danger spots for me. My friends always have to drag me bodily away as I'm reaching for my purse.

~~~~

I've had a pretty emotional day today and I'm convinced that the answer is writing. So here I am with my screen brightness down so as not to dim the candlelight, playlist on, and a coffee liqueur in my hand getting ready to reunite with some of my favourite characters!
                      She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

I got my free Denny's grand slam coupon in my inbox today. So now I have a free breakfast before I leave for San Diego.

Aaaand....I got my free bunch of lunch Shakey's coupon that I have 7 days to use. So that's another meal marked off as free. And I'm just waiting for my IHOP and that will save me even more money to spend on stuff!
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingCompass View Post
                          I'll have to keep an eye out for one of those! It looks and sounds so nifty
                          Next time I go to Michael's, I'll have to check out their knitting section and see if they have it there.
                          You can usually also get them at kitchen stores or the kitchen section of big department stores, for holding up recipe books. If you plan to use it for a fat textbook, just check that it's wide/tall enough at the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                            Holy... Jem, it's fabulous!!! You seem to have great knowledge in it!
                            You sure it's not just the kitten on the sticker swaying your judgement? Haha.

Originally posted by October View Post
                            That many matching accessories? I smell Paperchase...

That place and Lush are danger spots for me. My friends always have to drag me bodily away as I'm reaching for my purse.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                              You can usually also get them at kitchen stores or the kitchen section of big department stores, for holding up recipe books. If you plan to use it for a fat textbook, just check that it's wide/tall enough at the bottom.
                              Awesome! Thank you, that's a great suggestion
                              I'll look the next time I'm at Walmart or Target; hopefully one of them will have it! Though I did see you can order them on amazon as well, I would kind of like to see it in person before buying.

Comment

I woke up from a 4 hour long nap. Yay!
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X