This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Told my Dad we are leaving Texas in December (I'm a chicken, and a Daddy's girl I did not want to hear or see his disappointment that I was leaving again) and he took it really well. He is a little sad we are going but he understands why, wishes they lived a little closer but looks at it as a new vacation possibility. I really do have the best Dad.

- - - Updated - - -

Did a mention a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders? I have been dreading it since we decided to go.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Hey, we are moving in December too!

Sad to leave the Chessie...
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

So for some reason I can't seem to locate the whole "inbed video" button, still. IN fact, it doesn't seem to exist at all on my screen. But anyway, this here makes me smile. I've been going on about that little kitten for weeks now, and this here just really, REALLY sums it all up.

Two-legged #MiracleKitten Cassidy's first 43 days after his rescue at nine weeks old. Watch him live 24/7 at http://TinyKittens.com

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
          So for some reason I can't seem to locate the whole "inbed video" button, still. IN fact, it doesn't seem to exist at all on my screen. But anyway, this here makes me smile. I've been going on about that little kitten for weeks now, and this here just really, REALLY sums it all up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im5LhVdKdhE
          When I saw it run across the screen, I teared up :shy:
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            When I saw it run across the screen, I teared up :shy:
            You're not the only one.

Comment

To add to it, here's a bunch of kittens playing on a slippery floor. This is a MUST SEE for you, Gleb!

Welcome to "So You Think You Cat dance!" Shelly cleaned the playroom (dance) floor, leaving it damp and semi-slick. Hilarity ensues!Screen recorded for fan v...

Comment

What makes me wear my biggest smile is seeing my daughter literally dive onto Apollo (my partners cat) giving him a massive hug, him meowing in surprise and then purring and cuddling in when he realises its her :')

Comment

Canada is making me happy. I wasn't all that into having another Liberal government and was hoping the country would take a chance on the left (NDP), but they weren't quite that adventurous this time around. Still, the Liberal platform was definitely further left of centre than previous governments ever were, and now it looks like they're actually going to keep a lot of those promises. Yesterday, Trudeau announced that he will keep his promise to shoot for for a gender-balanced cabinet (ie all the important positions), is still committed to pulling out of the strikes against IS in the middle east (but will still continue a peacekeeping role and help train local troops), and will take stronger measures to protect Canada's oceans. Booya!

Comment

I just read that some guy around here got caught stealing checks from people's mailboxes, altering them, and cashing them. Why am I smiling? He got caught because he left his drivers license at a bank where he cashed one. This kind of stuff just cracks me up!
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                      I just read that some guy around here got caught stealing checks from people's mailboxes, altering them, and cashing them. Why am I smiling? He got caught because he left his drivers license at a bank where he cashed one. This kind of stuff just cracks me up!
                      We are fortunate that 98% of criminals are idiots.

We are unfortunate that the other 2% run multinational conglomerates, or are political icons.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I don't know if anyone will have noticed, but I've been quite inactive for a week or so. I seem to have lapsed into a bit of a dark place, so I'm avoiding situations where I'll be noticed.

Last night, before work, it was cold so I decided to meditate sitting up in bed with the duvet wrapped around me. I couldn't be bothered to get up and set up my CD player, so thought I'd play music on my phone from youtube. In my suggested videos was a new guided meditation from the lady who delivers my favourite guided meditation ever. The title is 'Meditation to receive what's important for you right now'.

Naturally I listened at once. It was really lovely. She guides the listener to meet with their younger self (quite literally in fact), who then supposedly gives you a sign or information to help you in your immediate life. My messages were vague and not very helpful (like telling me what I need to do but not how to do it), but it was a really moving visualisation and overall, it left me with a more positive feeling. Not entirely. I'm still feeling anxious and inadequate, but I'm smiling again, and I'm sure this is just some hormonal thing that will pass in a day or two.
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I got my graduate (first) degree in psychology back in 1980's. Much of what I learned then is now useless, but the idea that personal meaning has value as personal meaning is still valid. Take your experiences and learn from them, but do not allow others to tell you what your experenciences mean to you.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                            I don't know if anyone will have noticed, but I've been quite inactive for a week or so. I seem to have lapsed into a bit of a dark place, so I'm avoiding situations where I'll be noticed.

Last night, before work, it was cold so I decided to meditate sitting up in bed with the duvet wrapped around me. I couldn't be bothered to get up and set up my CD player, so thought I'd play music on my phone from youtube. In my suggested videos was a new guided meditation from the lady who delivers my favourite guided meditation ever. The title is 'Meditation to receive what's important for you right now'.

Naturally I listened at once. It was really lovely. She guides the listener to meet with their younger self (quite literally in fact), who then supposedly gives you a sign or information to help you in your immediate life. My messages were vague and not very helpful (like telling me what I need to do but not how to do it), but it was a really moving visualisation and overall, it left me with a more positive feeling. Not entirely. I'm still feeling anxious and inadequate, but I'm smiling again, and I'm sure this is just some hormonal thing that will pass in a day or two.
                            *Huggles*
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                            Sneak Attack
                            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I just poured some wax for eight candles. Two small pillars, and six in small mason jars. They're all scented with lemongrass oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                                I just poured some wax for eight candles. Two small pillars, and six in small mason jars. They're all scented with lemongrass oil.
                                That sounds really awesome. I love lemongrass.
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X