This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

i am officially on vacation. i don't even need to capitalize. neener neener.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Prepping dinner. Food always makes me smile when it's good stuff. And yes, it's 11am and I'm getting dinner started. I just made a bbq sauce out of what I had here in the house and I gotta say, it's delicious.

Ketchup, worchestershire sauce, steak sauce, white vinegar, coffee, sriracha, onion powder, garlic powder, crushed black pepper, and brown sugar.

I poured it over a three pound beef brisket, saving a little bit for later. That baby will cook low and slow for about six hours, before I take it out, baste it, then toss it on the grill for an hour or so to get a really nice crispy bark.

Comment

Driving on winding, bounding roads through the British countryside, whether Scotland, England and Wales.

I particularly enjoy holloways, walking or driving. There are many romanticized things that shouldn't be, but there is something about the countryside that can't be beat.

My nieces and nephews.

My wife's brilliant custard. Best in the world.

Big fires. Something very satisfying about burning all the brushwood and using the fire to heat up a well earned lunch.
        I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
        Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
        But that day you know I left my money
        And I thought of you only
        All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Knowing my boring 'don't give names to their wifi network' neighbors are probably wondering who the hell Wolverine is!

Comment

Not wondering if they know you
            I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Went to the Maryland Renaissance Festival yesterday with a good friend of mine; love that place! :^^:

Just people watching at all the cool costumes is fun all on its own, but I also love shopping at all the different jewelry stands and the music shop. My friend is obsessed with watching the shows so we did a lot of that too. And the food... is pretty good if you know the right stands to go too and the prices of food aren't bad at all for such a big fair.

Just such an awesome place!!!! I wish it was open year round... stinks that this was the last weekend this season.

Comment

Hi chicken butts! I made it to my hotel safe (though I got lost on the way to the park and the way to the hotel big time) But it's not like I'm in a hurry...for anything.

I hit the Balboa Park today. Now I'm in my hotel room on the second floor (I asked for it for safety) and I'm waiting for the pizza man to come give me my din din.

I'm alive. I'm safe. I'm very relaxed. Tomorrow is the zoo. But I'm not getting there till noon. So I can sleep in! I'll upload pics later. I got the free wifi and I got a vpn added on for a 3 day trial. So all is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  Hi chicken butts! I made it to my hotel safe (though I got lost on the way to the park and the way to the hotel big time) But it's not like I'm in a hurry...for anything.

I hit the Balboa Park today. Now I'm in my hotel room on the second floor (I asked for it for safety) and I'm waiting for the pizza man to come give me my din din.

I'm alive. I'm safe. I'm very relaxed. Tomorrow is the zoo. But I'm not getting there till noon. So I can sleep in! I'll upload pics later. I got the free wifi and I got a vpn added on for a 3 day trial. So all is good.

Duce have a wonderful time!!!!!!!!
                  "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

My spider plant makes me smile :^^:

I bought it at the beginning of this past summer (or maybe late spring? can't remember exactly now) for about $2.50 (it was on sale at the time). It was tiny and the leaves were all ragged and I honestly wasn't sure it would survive, but I figured for $2.50, it wasn't too bad a risk. It's gotten so big and has so many babies now! I'm planning to pot the babies in some discount pots I got and give them to friends so they can have such an awesome plant too!

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      I hit the Balboa Park today.
                      As in San Francisco? I'm over in the east bay; getting any fog over there? It's been gray all day over here.

Since I just got back from my first visit to a local-ish Pagan shop (Ancient Ways in Oakland), I'm smiling at the thought that I now have somewhere to go get stuff if/when I need it! I'm also smiling at the thought of how stupid I must have looked trying to re-figure out how the BART ticket machine worked again.

Comment

Went tah-tah holder shopping today and had surprising luck. I never ever can find anything that fits and or I like and I had tons of options this time. Its nice to have color choices besides black white and beige.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I just got a letter in the mail, the City of Fort Worth owes me $15.00 for over charging me on a ticket I received in 2008. Wahoo I'm rich.
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                          - - - Updated - - -
                          Also I just got a letter in the mail, the City of Fort Worth owes me $15.00 for over charging me on a ticket I received in 2008. Wahoo I'm rich.
                          That should just about pay for your new over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder ...
                          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by Seax_Blade View Post
                            As in San Francisco? I'm over in the east bay; getting any fog over there? It's been gray all day over here.

Since I just got back from my first visit to a local-ish Pagan shop (Ancient Ways in Oakland), I'm smiling at the thought that I now have somewhere to go get stuff if/when I need it! I'm also smiling at the thought of how stupid I must have looked trying to re-figure out how the BART ticket machine worked again.
                            No no. San Diego Balboa Park. It's a piece of land full of museums next to the zoo!

Today I hit the San Diego zoo! Took me 11am to 5 pm to see the entire zoo. It was worth it. I'm pooped. Not getting lost, my hotel to zoo was only 15 minutes. On the way home I stopped by Olive Garden and picked up a dinner with all the fixings. I'm in my jammies watching tv relaxing. Gonna hit the 2 hour harbor cruise tomorrow then on my way home. It's been awesome! I'm working on my photos and will probably upload Wed when I get home.

Comment

Oh I uploaded my Balboa Park pics!
                              Click Here

Comment

3 purrty things ... The Buddhas ... The reflecting pool ... YOU ...

Comment

Working...
                                X