• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    Canned kraut yesterday.

I got 14 pints, and it is GOOD.

Today we have brats and kraut for dinner.

You eat Germans and annoying children? The second is self explanatory but why did you pick Germans?
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      You eat Germans and annoying children? The second is self explanatory but why did you pick Germans?
      I once saw a seedy film about a seedy cabaret in Berlin during my formative years, and can't get the image out of my mind.

(I now imagine your regret in asking...)
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I once saw a seedy film about a seedy cabaret in Berlin during my formative years, and can't get the image out of my mind.

(I now imagine your regret in asking...)
        Regret? Not quite yet but I should probably avoid trying to make this a total derail....

So on topic...

Modern technology
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
          Also I got my snow!!! 13 inches of it and its beautiful. Snow blew a "track" for the dogs and they had a blast.
          We got about 10 inches. Remmie (the beagle) loves taking snow-baths. He sticks his face down in the snow, rubs both sides good, then rolls around.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

We got about 10 inches. Remmie (the beagle) loves taking snow-baths. He sticks his face down in the snow, rubs both sides good, then rolls around.
            Brexton ran the course for a good 10 mins. He wont potty in it either will go trek in snow that is all the way up his body instead of dirty up his track. KP on the other hand has decided he hates it here. He had to shovel the drive way.
            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Just checking my adp for my direct deposit check coming in Friday. I got a day of holiday pay for Christmas! Didn't even remember I get that. I love my job!

*edited: Oh just checking my bank account and they paid us early! Yay!
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm having fun making these t-shirts and hoodies. Even if they are petrifying.
                "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Starting off my new year's resolution on a good foot! (it's about getting out to the city and sight seeing more on my days off) Going to Olvera Street for some Mexican goodies!

Comment

Watching the dog try to figure out how to eat a burrito.

Comment

My co-worker brought us churros!

Comment

Being home from the hospital with my family and my Prince who never left my side.

Comment

Glad you seem better,but I did not know what your surgery was for(Was off line for a bit,back acting up)
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                            Glad you seem better,but I did not know what your surgery was for(Was off line for a bit,back acting up)
                            Thank you. I'm a little off balance but recovering well. It was for brain surgery, tumor removal.

Comment

OH,glad things went well. That must have been a scary thing to deal with.
                              Much wishing you feel better and recover from any after effects.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                                OH,glad things went well. That must have been a scary thing to deal with.
                                Much wishing you feel better and recover from any after effects.
                                Not as scary as the first time, and much easier this time. Thanks, it's good to be home and around people I care about.

Comment

Working...
                                X