This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

That's beautiful and very subtle. I'd love a fake fish tank wall made like that.

edit. oh oh oh! Looks like we are going to San Diego safari park! She's going to drive us and I'm going to pay her part of the hotel (the room I saw is only $98 a night. I think we're going to drive there in the later morning (zoo hours till 7pm in summer). Go to zoo then to hotel like 20 minutes away to relax and sleep. Then check out the next day and toodle about.
    Last edited by Medusa; 31 May 2016, 15:14.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

From reddit. This kitty kat had a broken jaw and they fixed it (best they could) they call it sad face to smiley face.

Comment

We close June 23rd.. I shall officially be a homeowner.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
          Awesome!!!
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
            Woo Hoo! Congrats!
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Nothing like watching magpies on youtube to remind me why I love these birds so much. And of course it's real! Magpies are excellent mimics and this one obviously had a close friendship with a happy human infant! Amazing birds!

Last edited by Jembru; 04 Jun 2016, 17:03.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

That magpie is great! I once heard a crow talk - pretty amazing. He was being rehabbed after an injury and had picked up a few words.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Reserved our motel room. Only 15 minutes from the Safari Park!

Comment

I dreamt I was going to pick up our new puppy. That was a nice dream
                    You remind me of the babe
                    What babe?
                    The babe with the power
                    What power?
                    The Power of voodoo
                    Who do?
                    You do!
                    Do what?
                    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Have fun Duce,and remember pictures...
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Spent the weekend thrift shopping with the MIL and SIL and I got some great deals. Duce would be proud of me. Best deal was a solid wood table with 2 leaves and 6 chairs. Cushions need new fabric but that's easy. Originally $110, it was on sale for 50% off and because it was Sunday if it was the "sale" color of the week it was 60% off so I paid $44 for it and I found a first edition Julia Child book for a quarter! I am a happy girl.

kitchen table.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also I want that orange quilt in the back. Next week its 50% off of $20, if its still there its mine!
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Found my missing computer mouse (even though I swear I looked in that spot already).
                          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Walked the dog yesterday and came home with - literally - a bushelbasket full of tree oysters... Enough to eat my fill fresh, and still have oodles to dehydrate!
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I would say,not being an expert on Mushrooms,That I would not try to id them. But it seems you know your Stuff,and as I read from searching,they are VERY popular among mushroom fans.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                                I would say,not being an expert on Mushrooms,That I would not try to id them. But it seems you know your Stuff,and as I read from searching,they are VERY popular among mushroom fans.
                                They are actually easy to ID - very distictive shape and aroma (like anise), and there are not similar mushrooms that are toxic. They are one of the good "beginner" mushrooms , but K'Roe still feels I may be trying to poison her.
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X