This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Darn young whipper snappers,off to the fishing hole to drink beer and swim naked in the icy water..
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Went to Goodwill to get some new tees for the summer. Hit the thrift bonanza! Men's tees are $1.99. Purple tags are 50% off. 5 tees for $5.99. All super soft premium cotton tees. One Johnny Cash San Quinton tee and one Transformer logo tee! I don't even have to cut them. They are all ready to wear!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Dude on Whisper: I'm looking for a woman to be a more willing Persephone to my Haidys (sic).
        Me: So you want to drag them off to the Underworld?
        Dude: Yeah, where I reign as King.
        Me: And She would only be with you for part of the year?
        Dude: that would change with the whole "willing" thing.
        Me: So, She would have other lovers (e.g. Adonis?)
        Dude: *Repeats himself*
        Me: okay, what are you saying, then? The Underworld is the kingdom of the dead, so I'm a bit puzzled.
        Dude: well, if you calm yourself and take this less seriously, I'm looking for a beautiful women that knows the lore and will do it my way.
        Me: I'm not upset, so no need to "calm down". Just asking for clarification.
        Dude: never mind. This is why I don't try anything anymore.

You're the one who made the weird proposition, dude! Cracked my shit up.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

So I decided to start bullet journaling. Really for me it's a bullet calendar. Now I've found I've decided to get a new desk to fit into my alcove and make it more room for activities!

Anywho while doing some organizing I came upon a new credit karma email giving me my updated credit score. I took a in depth look into my accounts and found my big fat one and only collection bill that I've been paying for forever is GONE! About 6 months ago the firm I paid to sent me a letter stating they were selling my account to another firm (which is pretty usual in the industry) and they would send me a letter to start my payment continuation with them. Nothing happened. I waited. And waited. Come to find they aren't even on my report anymore!

Comment

Just this...Cats..
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

It's Royal Ascot week. And, tomorrow, Songbird and The Pizza Man make their long-awaited comebacks to racing.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Youngest brother that had testicular cancer had to have an MRI today because they were concerned something had spread to his brain.. well he came back all clear. Thank the Goddess and God!!! Lets hope he stays this way.
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                  Youngest brother that had testicular cancer had to have an MRI today because they were concerned something had spread to his brain.. well he came back all clear. Thank the Goddess and God!!! Lets hope he stays this way.
                  That's great. I read somewhere where a guy and his girlfriend were playing around with a pregnancy test and he took one and it came back positive. He went to the Dr. and it turned out he had testicular cancer and was able to recover from it.
                  "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I attended a "Coloring for relaxation" workshop at the library this evening. It was fun! There were 7 people there and we talked about all sorts of nonsense for a couple of hours, and I colored a picture of a peacock.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                      I attended a "Coloring for relaxation" workshop at the library this evening. It was fun! There were 7 people there and we talked about all sorts of nonsense for a couple of hours, and I colored a picture of a peacock.
                      They sell these adult coloring books at the checkout at Walmart. I'm going to pick up a book (the flower garden one) and some markers and go to town. Back in my 20s, my bestie and I would buy the Disney coloring books, get a good bottle of Whiskey and sit in the living room coloring. THE most relaxing thing ever.

Comment

Been feeling a lot better lately. Reddit makes me smile, a lot. Gotta love the Jolly Rancher and Two Broken Arms story.
                        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Adeles "Send my love" im totally digging it.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
                          That's great. I read somewhere where a guy and his girlfriend were playing around with a pregnancy test and he took one and it came back positive. He went to the Dr. and it turned out he had testicular cancer and was able to recover from it.
                          Thank you, I am very happy about it.
                          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Getting home and hosing down my pit bull. She ran around the grass and then lay straight on her back and let me hose her down. She had a blast!

Comment

For the first time ever, in my entire adult life...my mom is coming to visit me.

BUT it took me seven years to convince her, I'm paying for her flight, it couldn't be more than a couple of days, there was to be no overnight flights, no early morning flights, and no late night flights. And I'm required to supply coffee every morning, because she seems to think I live in an igloo, or something.

And the idea of my mother in an airport terrifies me. I'm so worried she's going to get lost. Or have a panic attack. Or just straight up decide two days prior that no, she actually can't do it. And I'll be out a lot of money I have worked hard to save, and could have spent on anything else, but mom said she'd be interested in visiting, and I'm emptying the savings account to make this happen.

Oh right. This was supposed to be happy thoughts.

Mostly art.

Comment

Gonna change the mood with a happy story.

There has always been a nice little mugwort plant across the street from where I work, but this year the poor thing is sickly and covered in whitefly. That means I've had to start walking a little further, about 15 minutes from my home to pick healthier stems. I've so far been unable to find any close enough that aren't growing near a busy road or on popular dog walking paths, so while I always give it good scrub before I dry it, I rarely get to use it for tea.

Lately I've been convinced that mugwort was telling me he's growing closer than I think. He was right under my nose I was sure of it. So I've been walking all around the streets here, checking next to the allotments and around the cemetery but there was none anywhere. I even had my mum out looking for it and showed JP how to identify it in case he spotted it.

This morning one of our resents that the staff have been having difficulties relating to come downstairs. She usually looks after the garden so I commented on how lovely the foxgloves have come up (it's their first flowering year). She replied that people keep asking her what the plants are but she never knows so could I teach her. We went out together and I started pointing things out to her. I noticed that she hadn't been weeding the flower patch next to the kitchen window for a while and found some healthy mint growing there. I asked the lady if she'd mind if I took it, as it would spread if we didn't pull it out.

Then as I was digging it up I looked over and there before me was a thick and healthy mugwort just meters from where I sit looking out of the window if I'm doing moon rituals at work. I was so excited that I started squealing. The lady said it was just a weed and she'd be pulling it out when she gets the chance. Of course I had it up by the roots and wrapped in a sandwich bag before you could blink!

I have him home now and he's potted next to our backdoor and watered in! He's a bit leggy so I'll be cutting him back tomorrow or Sunday when he's had time to get over the transplantation. We don't use any chemicals at work and it's sheltered so the plant is safe to use in teas too. I'm sure we're going to be friends for a long time to come!

What's more is that I had a wonderful conversation with this lady, and she kindly agreed that as I like it so much, she'd keep the other mugwort we found and care for it as a herb so I could pick it while I'm at work! This is a story for the BOS when I get back from gardening group (that I'm now running incredibly late for..)
                                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                                X