This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Hey everybody. I'very been in this forum for a year now! Happy first anniversary for me.

Comment

Seeing a red dragonfly outside. I don't think I've ever seen a red one.
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
        Seeing a red dragonfly outside. I don't think I've ever seen a red one.
        Congrats! I saw my first one in the uk recently too. It was a ruddy darter which is the species the Japanese call 'akatombo' and think very highly of! It made my day seeing one here in my own country, and in my special park too! He wasn't shy at all. It almost seemed like he was trying to show off because we were admiring him! ^^
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Laptop updateeee!
          Guess what, chicken butts?
          I got my new $30 charger and plugged that sucker in. Wiggled the plug in the jack a bit. And it works! It's not the jack. Also this plugs in at a 90 degree angle, so it's easier to NOT get bent out of whack.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

That is very good news Chicken butt!!!!
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

So I'm without health care until I can enroll with my company in October. Trying to get my prescriptions filled and paying for it isn't too bad. I can get most on the Walmart $4 list.

But GENERIC Plavix is like $60 plus for a one month prescription. And my other heart one is $26.99.

I don't know what happened, but my pharmacy said I can pick my Generic Plavix up for $30. So yeah. Smiling big today.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                So I'm without health care until I can enroll with my company in October. Trying to get my prescriptions filled and paying for it isn't too bad. I can get most on the Walmart $4 list.

But GENERIC Plavix is like $60 plus for a one month prescription. And my other heart one is $26.99.

I don't know what happened, but my pharmacy said I can pick my Generic Plavix up for $30. So yeah. Smiling big today.
                Enjoy it while you can - have you heard what was done to the price of life saving epinephrine injections?

(This is why we need government regulation of medical costs. There are those who have absolutely no problem sacrificing our lives for their extreme profits. Should we ever actually get government regulation, the greedy butts will have done it to themselves)
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  Enjoy it while you can - have you heard what was done to the price of life saving epinephrine injections?

(This is why we need government regulation of medical costs. There are those who have absolutely no problem sacrificing our lives for their extreme profits. Should we ever actually get government regulation, the greedy butts will have done it to themselves)
                  I've heard the same for insulin as well. Though I did hear some dude made an epi pen for $30 available now. I'm counting on capitalism to really kick in on this sort of thing. When something goes waaaay too high...some smarty pant person will come up with a cheaper alternative. And it's easier to move and get awareness out now with the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

AFTER insurance, one of my asthma meds is $80...I'm very lucky that I don't need to use it everyday anymore.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

This is silly. But I downloaded this new jigsaw puzzle game off the microsoft store. The cool thing is that it's like a table with box trays to store and organize your pieces. And the best part is that you can make your own puzzles off your own pictures! I have a bunch of xmen cartoon ones. It's pretty fun.

Comment

Guys I just got home from the 2016 Shiocton Cabbage Chuck, and just like the last time I went which was today 5 years ago it was a blast!!

cabbage.jpg

For your viewing pleasure. Two of the trebuckets.
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I saw your pics on fb. Those were big butt cabbage!

Comment

Weren't they though. The cannons were really cool too.
                            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Only one more day before JP starts his new job! It still doesn't feel real, like it's too good to be true but I'm trying not to let my paranoia get the better of me. My mum has also had a few offers on her flat. They're all around 10k below the asking price, so she hasn't accepted anything yet, but still it feels like things are starting to move. I hope selling that place will mark the beginning of a brighter chapter in her life.

Also, I made a few adjustments to my diet and now I actually feel full after meals. It used to be that I'd get hungry the second the food moved out of my stomach, but now I'm satisfied for up to 6 hours after eating. My meals are bigger than they used to be, but I'm hardly snacking at all now. I mean, as in.. I snack maybe once every 3 days! I don't wake up so hungry that it physically hurts either!

Me and my 'white horse' are one heck of a team right now! Best friends for ever! ^^
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                                Weren't they though. The cannons were really cool too.
                                Some day I plan to build my own balista, for, you know, target practice...
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X