X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
    Got a job interview tomorrow. Finally an opportunity to fill the very large gaps that my first job isn't.
    Woohoo!! Keeping everything crossed for you Juni. Really hope you get it!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
      Woohoo!! Keeping everything crossed for you Juni. Really hope you get it!
      Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes. I don't know if I can expect to do hands-on interview or if it's just a sit-down kind. Maybe both? idk, but I'm feeling really good about it already.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes. I don't know if I can expect to do hands-on interview or if it's just a sit-down kind. Maybe both? idk, but I'm feeling really good about it already.
        Have you tried googling it? It depends on the size of the company obviously, but you can sometimes find out about the interview by doing a bit of googling first. Helps you to prepare too!
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Got a job interview tomorrow. Finally an opportunity to fill the very large gaps that my first job isn't.
          Yay! Good luck!
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post

Have you tried googling it? It depends on the size of the company obviously, but you can sometimes find out about the interview by doing a bit of googling first. Helps you to prepare too!
            Oh I know about them already. They came to my school's open house. I'm just going to go prepared for both, so there shouldn't be a surprise. But the website didn't indicate how they do their interviews.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

My Brother sent me this message that his friend sent him. This friend was an exchange student from Germany:

Hassan actually inspired me to start learning guitar when I was in Cairo. He showed me a couple of riffs and when I got back home I immediately started to play on my dad's guitar.
              What a sweet kid
              Last edited by Dumuzi; 21 Jan 2017, 10:00.
              [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                My Brother sent me this message that his friend sent him. This friend was an exchange student from Germany:

What a sweet kid
                That's such a wonderful complement! I'm always so honoured when people tell me I inspired them.

Incidentally, I just started playing guitar again after over 12 years! The urge to play came out of nowhere on my walk home from work a week ago. I was really surprised by how much you retain muscle memory even after such a long break. The brain is a fascinating organ.

Comment

I got my 5 year pin from work yesterday! It's so cute. And it comes with an even cuter $100 Visa gift card! I'm saving it for my Grand Canyon trip for meal money. I guess I'll be eating steak!

P1240006 (960x1280).jpg

:^^:
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Did my taxes in 20 minutes. Getting a big refund! It should be here before my Grand Canyon vacation. And I'm getting enough to splurge on my trip!

Comment

Got a text today from the gardening group. It's back on tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to pruning in this weather (It's below freezing right now, although should get up to 4 degrees by the time the group meets) but I'm really looking forward to getting back in there and starting to prepare the herb garden for a new season of growth. It will mostly be cutting back old growth for now I think, and removing any of the annuals that have died off over the winter, but I already feel that spring is on the horizon. I can't wait to see the first snowdrops as I walk around tomorrow. The birch trees will probably have their first buds too! There will be signs all around the the Lady is on her way home!

On a similar note, last year I bought a jasmine plant that had been force flowered for mother's day. I'd had jasmines before but they usually died. I've been determined with this one though and so would move it from room to room with the movement of the sun so it got plenty of exposure. I would sit it on the table next to me when I sat in the window writing in my journals or BoS, talking to it and winding the new growth around additional wires as it grew.

Anyway, a week or so ago it started budding! It is now covered in new flower buds and some look just about ready to open. I have a feeling it will open just in time for Imbolc, an important sabbat for me because of my affinity for Brigantia. In fact, I so badly want to use the delicate white flowers from this plant I've bonded with over the last 11 months, that I might postpone my Imbolc celebration until the flowers open. I know it's not uncommon for pagans to wait for specific seasonal cues to celebrate the cross-quater sabbats.

Finally, the pagan group I joined last year has a new venue for their open rituals. It's in the city centre (near the castle and keep so has a great historical vibe!), which makes it easier for me to attend. I've got the dates too, so I can book every one of them off right away! Lots of things to smile about in spite of last night's disappointment!

Comment

Trolling Trump supporters 😄😄😄
                        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                        Seen the desert and the birds
                        You cut your hair short
                        Like a shush to an insult
                        The world had been yelling
                        Since the day you were born
                        Revolting with anger
                        While it smiled like it was cute
                        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I just got some new earrings. Black wooden leaf earrings. Lost one first hour at work. Bummer.
                          A few hours later I felt something jiggling in my bewbies.
                          EARRING!!!!

Comment

Lol. A fb friend is trying to goad me into a debate on my rant.
                            I just deleted his shit.

lol on you buddy.
                            lol on you.

I am the Trump of my facebook page.

Comment

I won my first chess tournament match. I'm at the semifinals.

Comment

JP has finally said he'll take the improv classes and won't give up on his dream! I'm so pleased. Many people go through their life never knowing their purpose, never having a goal. JP knows his. He wants to make people laugh. Even if that's never more than a hobby, he'll still have found his place in the world, and THAT is a wonderful thing. In fact.. it might even improve his entire life...

How a sense of purpose can keep you healthy

Comment

Working...
                                X