This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My job. I love it.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Re: Things that make you smile

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
      My job. I love it.
      Does this mean you got the job you went for?
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post

Does this mean you got the job you went for?
        Oh, yes! omg I'm sorry, I totally forgot to update you. Today was my second day, and it was amazing. I'm not used to the feeling of actually wanting to be at work. It didn't even feel like work. Finally, part of being an adult that I actually like.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        Sneak Attack

Comment

Oh, yes! omg I'm sorry, I totally forgot to update you. Today was my second day, and it was amazing. I'm not used to the feeling of actually wanting to be at work. It didn't even feel like work. Finally, part of being an adult that I actually like.
          Congrats on the new job!
          What's that now? Paid assassin/part time olive taster?...wait, that's my dream job.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Yay! Congrats!
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post

Congrats on the new job!
              What's that now? Paid assassin/part time olive taster?...wait, that's my dream job.
              Haha, not that glamorous unfortunately. I'm a massage therapist. Huge change from being an electrician but it's been worth it.

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post

Yay! Congrats!
              Thank you.
              Sneak Attack

Comment

Haha, not that glamorous unfortunately. I'm a massage therapist. Huge change from being an electrician but it's been worth it.
                Glamour really doesn't matter if it makes you happy. I feel so lucky that I enjoy my job and don't wake up with that feeling of dread before work. It's hardly glamorous though. People make backhanded comments like 'oh I couldn't do your job' when they mean, 'I'd never lower myself to doing your job', but f*ck em. I'm making a living, making a difference to other people's lives and have very little work related stress. That's good enough for me!

Glad you're doing something you love!
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

My job. I love it.
                  Whoot. This is awesome! Lucky you
                  ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                  Seen the desert and the birds
                  You cut your hair short
                  Like a shush to an insult
                  The world had been yelling
                  Since the day you were born
                  Revolting with anger
                  While it smiled like it was cute
                  That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Congratulations, Juni! I'm really happy for you
                    [4:82]

Comment

I got my ENJO pin!!!
                      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                      Seen the desert and the birds
                      You cut your hair short
                      Like a shush to an insult
                      The world had been yelling
                      Since the day you were born
                      Revolting with anger
                      While it smiled like it was cute
                      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

DC's Latest Hanna-Barbera Comic Will Reimagine Snagglepuss as a 'Gay, Southern Gothic Playwright'
                        Re-imagine? Does anyone not think this was already the case?!

Anyways, I smiled. It's cute.

Comment

Went out today to a lake we've been eyeing up the last few months. As far as I know, it doesn't have a name, yet. We've decided we're gonna put up a wall tent, and then come summer if we still like the area (aka get to see it without snow), we're gonna start building a small hobo shack cabin there. So excited!

IMG_3305.jpg

IMG_3304.jpg
                          Last edited by volcaniclastic; 04 Feb 2017, 15:06.

Mostly art.

Comment

Comment

I totally forgot! I have been carrying around a buffalo nickel around in my purse! I looked up the circulation marks..it's a 1913 type s-2. Worth about $11. But I'm keeping it as a good luck charm. It's pretty awesome!

Comment

So I totally did the Sizzler steak, baked potato, cheese bread and salad before work. It was amaaazing!

Comment

Working...
                                X