This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling goooooood :-)

At a party daniel is asleep and i'm feeling gooooooooooood :-) more to come as the buzz gets better :-) just thought i'd share :-)
    "Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you've lost your way completely.. you'll be there. open your eyes" Alice Hoffman

Comment

Re: Things that make you smile

My first writing gig in three years makes me smile. Not only is it my first chance in years to write, but it's my first paying gig.
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

at 24 i can still drink like a maniac and no hangover ^.^ i love being young!
        omg i was sooooooooooooo drunk last night >.< what a good night
        &quot;Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you&#039;ve lost your way completely.. you&#039;ll be there. open your eyes&quot; Alice Hoffman

Comment

Originally posted by yukanaoe View Post

...you're 24? I really, really didn't think we were the same age.

Mostly art.

Comment

lol YUP and is that good or bad?
            &quot;Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you&#039;ve lost your way completely.. you&#039;ll be there. open your eyes&quot; Alice Hoffman

Comment

I don't think that hangover thing has anything, whatsoever, to do with age. When I was about 5 years younger than you are now, I would have roughly 5 hangovers every week.

It amounts to how much alcohol in your system weighed against your body mass and the time frame. That's all.

I should mention that I almost never got a hangover from anything less than a case of beer or a bottle of Jack. But I almost never DRANK less than that, in a sitting.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Being right
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                  I don't think that hangover thing has anything, whatsoever, to do with age. When I was about 5 years younger than you are now, I would have roughly 5 hangovers every week.

It amounts to how much alcohol in your system weighed against your body mass and the time frame. That's all.

I should mention that I almost never got a hangover from anything less than a case of beer or a bottle of Jack. But I almost never DRANK less than that, in a sitting.
                  well i polished off a 6 pack. but even the one time i got sooo drunk i puked. woke up without a hangover the next morning

Comment

Sharkbait: Mommy! Ree me AIR-EE-PORT BOOK!!! PEAS!

Translation: Read me airport book, please!
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

sharkbait ooh ah ah!!

Comment

well i polished off a 6 pack. but even the one time i got sooo drunk i puked. woke up without a hangover the next morning
                        That REALLY makes me smile. A six pack? People don't get hangovers from 6 beers. Or six wine coolers. Or even 6 shots of gin. Not unless they weigh 40 pounds and we're talking less than 3 hours of sleep.

6 drinks take 6 hours to metabolize out of your system. If the person in question weighs 150 pounds, and it took them 2 hours to drink all six? The alcohol is long gone, after 8 hours of sleep. And they peaked at a BAC of roughly .10%. (I'd have to look it up to get exact numbers)

Now the sad news: My third DUI, I had a BAC of .16% that was tested some 6 hours after I drank. At the time, I weighed somewhere around 115 lbs. You can guess how many beers I drank if I say that every beer I had was all drank in less than 90 minutes. That's not a badge of accomplishment. That's not even an example of how horrible my life had become. It's just the reality of drinking lots of alcohol in a short time. Did I get a hangover from that one? Actually? No. I woke up in jail, confused and disoriented but not hungover.

It actually depresses me that people are proud of how many drinks they can pack away. It makes me go, "How many lines of cocaine can you snort in one go? How many pints of antifreeze can you guzzle? How many dog turds can you tie into a knot, using only your tongue?" It is SO not a badge of honor.

I smile because I'm alive, despite my history.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

lol well i only get to do this a small number of times in the year. 4 ruffly. so yes i am proud. im a lightweight

Comment

Saving money. I love coupons
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiadanWillows View Post
                              Saving money. I love coupons
                              Moi aussi!

Comment

Pronounced: koopins?

Comment

Working...
                                X