X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Got a new computer C:
    Just in time too. Glad this happened before school started again.

selume proferre

Comment

Originally posted by orchestrion View Post
      Got a new computer C:
      Just in time too. Glad this happened before school started again.
      Jealous jealous jealous!

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyranth View Post
        Jealous jealous jealous!
        Haha well i havent had a computer in a few months, been using the ones at the library, so it's not the best computer but its nice to have a laptop again xD

selume proferre

Comment

The little things make me smile. Even in this hard time, I get these little pockets of luck. Like, the plastic unit I found at JP's that is the EXACT same shade of blue to match our oshawatt bathroom, or the fact I'm going to a flat tomorrow and for a charity donation of £20, I can take as much as I want, from curtains, kitchen utensils to even the oven! Then my sister has moved into a flat this week. The former occupier used to run a new age store but never paid her rent and was evicted. She dumped some of her stock so the landlord toldmy sister to help herself. I have enough joss, soap, carrier oil and oil burner crystals to last a few years!!

When I couldnt afford to pay the girl who's moving out for the furniture she didn't want, she lost her temper and decided not to sell me anything! I've no idea why she'd do that. She knows how poor JP and I are and wanted an amount that works out at a 6th of our monthly income. I was very hurt, but my dad got wind of my situation (I never go to him for handouts even though he does have a fair bit of cash!), and he said he'd have given her the money. Instead he's buying me a new washer and a few other bits. Now Michelle is stuck with huge wardrobes and a bed she can't move and has to find homes for by saturday! Haha, that'll teach her to be spiteful. She took things like the kettle and mirrors etc.. every last thing that I'd have bought if she weren't so petty. Think she thought it would spite me, but I have so many amazing friends giving or loaning me items, as well as a few things I had stored away, that evertime she moves something, something nicer replaces it. It makes me smile that she has cut off her nose to spite her face while I'm doing fine!! Thanks Brigantia!!
          Last edited by Jembru; 25 Jul 2012, 21:17.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I made a friend at the music store today on the basis of us both being bassoonists. XD it was pretty awesome. Always great to make more musician friends.

selume proferre

Comment

Last day at the tool place for the week! No more cleaning till next Tuesday!
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Carb overload (usually referred to as tryptophan effects). I'm so ready for a nap!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Not having to wake up early. Friday FTW!
                  [4:82]

Comment

JP has his key now! Michelle still has the spare because she doesn't move out officially until tomorrow and still has a few odds and ends to move so needs to get in and out. But besides our bedroom which we can't move into until tomorrow, the rest of the flat is all ours now!! Also, not great timing, but JP's mum is getting us the kitten we've always wanted as a birthday present for me. Should have it by next Thursday! I'm so excited because I've wanted a cat ever since my dear old Cleo died. To top it all off, JP has just left for a screening interview for Apple. If he gets it, he starts training on Monday and if he proves himself during the training, he has a final interview then gets a permanant contract with them!! Too soon to get my hopes up, but enough to make me smile!
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I can pick up our pitbull around his chest and hold him like a little puppy and he just kind of stands there panting and licking my face (or trying to)
                      which is adorable given the fact that he's you know
                      a seventy two pound pitbull

selume proferre

Comment

Originally posted by orchestrion View Post
                        I can pick up our pitbull around his chest and hold him like a little puppy and he just kind of stands there panting and licking my face (or trying to)
                        which is adorable given the fact that he's you know
                        a seventy two pound pitbull
                        ^ Reading this made me smile. Lol.

Comment

Finally being on vacation makes me smiiiiiilllllleeeeeeeee
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Buying a new musical instrument.

Comment

Originally posted by Dral View Post
                              Buying a new musical instrument.
                              Yes! One of the best feelings!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Diplodocus View Post
                              ^ Reading this made me smile. Lol.
                              Hehe, our pit is a big mushy sweetie.

selume proferre

Comment

I think I'm back on the ball! My divorce is final. I don't have 90 million things running through my mind, at any given moment. I can relax and just be myself, again.

A lecherous, vulgar, cantankerous, and concupiscent Olde Pharte-in-training.

Yeah. That makes me smile. A LOT! :wink razz:

:grin: :wtf: :creepy:

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Working...
                                X