This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

the fact that i haven't made an introdution thread, but people seems very friendly here, although they don't know who i am!
    ~ flowers are our only garments
    only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
      Aww, feel for you V. I once travelled for almost 3 days to get home. Thought I'd be clever and use buses instead of trains and pass through different airports to save cash. Was cheap, but damn, I was exhausted by the time I hit home. When you live on a tiny island like Britain, you tend not to be used to such epic commutes. Glad you're finally home!
      Yeah, I was knackered once I finally made it home. I mean, I was just on the other side of the country, but in the arctic, and it took me two days to get home. 13 hours of flights in total!

Today is crazy - I've decided to do a last minute bicycle tour across the Queen Charlottes, and I leave tomorrow, so I got up at 4:30 this morning, started unpacking my work gear, and when the shops opened, started getting prepared for this trip, except, a bunch of my equipment died last time I used it, so I ended up spending crazy amounts of money today getting things new or repaired. I just spent the last hour tuning my bike up.

BUT - after almost 12 straight hours of getting things prepped, I'm almost ready! Just have to let the bike sit for a bit (I think the back tire has a slow leak ) finish dehydrating my Bush's baked beans (experiment that has made the house smell amazing all day) and pack my panniers. THEN clean my messy house, haha.

Also, I found a means to bring a bottle of wine with me on the trip. This makes me smile.

Mostly art.

Comment

My three year old is pretending to be Doctor Who.
        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

cheesecake makes me smile I have some!
          It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
          -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

I love the Queen Charlottes.

Mostly art.

Comment

In this time of depression and stress I am still striving to have things that make me smile. My small list:
              ~Paying my rent
              ~I might be able to NOT use a payday advance next paycheck
              ~$5.99 pizza from Dominos this week
              ~Diet Dr Pepper
              ~Wolverine
              ~Seeing those blue flowers I have no idea the name of, on the side of the fence at Rose Hills. They remind me of the flowers at my nana's house I used to pick for my mom.
              ~red painted toe nails
              ~naps in the afternoon in my a/c room
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Two days off in a row.
                Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Being mistaken for being younger than my 21 year old partner at his cousin's wedding! That will have me smiling for days. How I got my head into the taxi home, I'll never know! The exact quote, 'what do you do for a living? Or sorry, I should have asked if you're at college, you're probably too young to be working..' I scanned for sarcasm but it was clean. Thank you Superdrug!!
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Being mistaken for being younger than my 21 year old partner at his cousin's wedding! That will have me smiling for days. How I got my head into the taxi home, I'll never know! The exact quote, 'what do you do for a living? Or sorry, I should have asked if you're at college, you're probably too young to be working..' I scanned for sarcasm but it was clean. Thank you Superdrug!!
                    In a weird related post (sorta maybe not?) I like being mistaken for my mother. At the funeral the older people kept looking at me. I know they were seeing my mom. I guess she will always be with me.

Also we were short a waitress. Which meant I KICKED ass in tips that I absolutely needed. I made $145 in tips tonight alone!
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I set up an alter, and it feels very right to me.

Comment

The season is turning into my favorite time of year, despite all of life's pitfalls lately.

Comment

Date offers for next week= 3
                          Job interviews next week= 1
                          Number of promising guys I'm talking to= 3 (different than the above)

Of everything, I do want the job the most. It's actually for my dream job! I'd be an assistant buyer for a clothing, accessories, and home decor website!

Comment

I'm smiling because of the little bit of luck Medusa and Danie have had. Been worried about both of you so I'm pleased you have something to smile about, despite both experiencing such hard times. May the luck continue...
                            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I'm smiling because of the little bit of luck Medusa and Danie have had. Been worried about both of you so I'm pleased you have something to smile about, despite both experiencing such hard times. May the luck continue...
                              Thanks a ton!

Comment

Hikoukiude!!! ('aeroplane arms' a thing JP and I made up to mean, 'hooray', where we run around with our arms like a plane. I share WAY too much of my personal life, don't I?). Hikoukiude because today JP noticed that our Hot Fuzz bluray has a Japanese option! It has German too, although that's not so uncommon here. I know what I'll be doing tomorrow!!

Comment

Working...
                                X