This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

I treated myself to Old Navy Rockstar skinny jeans. They are THE best jeans evar!

And I called my boss at the bowling alley. I DO work on Saturday! I have back to back b-day parties!
    Moniez for me!!!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I have my kitty at home again, finally, after a full year apart!!

Smiles. All around smiles.

Mostly art.

Comment

V? Did you get your print of mine? Since you're home? x
        "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Originally posted by FantasyWitch View Post
          V? Did you get your print of mine? Since you're home? x
          Oh yes, I'm so sorry, I forgot to mention it to you. I got it when I checked my mail last month, before I left for Ontario. It's very lovely, and I'm going to hang it in my room

Mostly art.

Comment

I cancelled my gym membership AND got an e-mail confirmation stating so. NO HORRIBLE phone story!
            *I'm moving to walking and aerobics at home since I work 6 days a week now.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Sweeeeeeeet! I just picked up two months worth of gym memberships for $40 each! Some guy was selling them in the paper because he hurt himself and can't use them. They're $75 each at the gym here in town. He's selling them for $40!

I get to pick them up tomorrow. I also bought a magic bullet on sale for $30 today at Canadian Tire. Yay me

Smoothies and workouts for the next two months!

Mostly art.

Comment

good news for us, make us happy never like before. that you are lucky .

Comment

My daughter graduated from college, finished up her internship this summer, and has already gotten a good job in her field... with full medical coverage!

Hopefully, once they get settled (they have to move from Grand Rapids, MI to Warren, MI - which is good, because they have friends in Warren) her poor husband will not have to work two jobs for them to get by.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    My daughter graduated from college, finished up her internship this summer, and has already gotten a good job in her field... with full medical coverage!

Hopefully, once they get settled (they have to move from Grand Rapids, MI to Warren, MI - which is good, because they have friends in Warren) her poor husband will not have to work two jobs for them to get by.
                    That's good to hear, Corbin!

Not a lot is making me smile these days (must get adjusted to unemployment) ...but I met two awesome people last night, with an invite to hang out in the future. My first friend in Smithers?

Mostly art.

Comment

I take pleasure in the fact that almost everyone who has ever made fun of me for doing puzzles has ended up working on my puzzles when I have one going, sometimes for hours. If it's so lame, how come you're so involved in it :P

Comment

I made a gift bag to sell in my store. I may take the rest of my paper from other failed projects for my store and make more.
                        my etsy store
                        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                        surrounded by plush, downy things,
                        ill prepared, but willing,
                        to descend."

Comment

So it's going to take 15 hours on the greyhound, and then a two hour flight, but I managed to book my tickets to Yellowknife for my birthday. Hooray to not spending it alone, and spending it with someone I love instead.

(There are flights, but they are $1300 return this time of year. The combined greyhound-flight was only $700. You people that complain when you have to put some gas in the tank to see your SO...yeah. I have to pay around $1000 every time I want to go visit mine. The things we do for love.)

Mostly art.

Comment

Finally having an entire day off makes me smile. Seeing a good friend for coffee and language practise, also makes me smile. Pub quiz tonight, also cool!

The most special thing though, is that today is 8 years since I tried to take my life (and I haven't needed to be hospitalised since, which is nice). Every Halloween I'm alive for, is special and worth smiling about!!
                            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Well, I stayed home all day, pissed around at this site most of the afternoon, finally made it to the science page, and I am near 'bout drunk on rye whiskey.
                              Whoop!

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

My boyfriend told me he loved me this morning for the first time. It's the first time a guy has ever said that to me! I'm really happy about it, but also it feels kind of normal in a way. Anyway I'm smiling

Comment

Working...
                                X