This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

I'm currently cooking a bone-in beef roast, braised with hard apple cider, allspice, basil, sweet Hungarian paprika - threw in some celery & carrots for flavor.

My house be smelling heavenly right now!
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
      Also remember that you don't work in wal-mart on black friday! Things can always be worse!
      My wife does...
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

First time I've handled firearms in over ten years today. Made for a good afternoon.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Man, there are so many things that make me smile! I can't list them all without this becoming a twenty page report! XD
          To say the least, I'm easy to make smile. But, I'll share a few off the top of my mind.

1.) Kittens or Cats make me smile. Doesn't matter what breed, size, or color! If I see the ears, nose, whiskers, tail, I'm going to squeal like a little girl.
          2.) Rain makes me smile. I'm serious. I love rain and thunderstorms. So on any rainy day, I'm smiling and happy.
          3.) Knives or swords make me happy! I just recently bought myself a new tactical switchblade knife. It didn't have great reviews for it on Amazon, but for it's price it's pretty neat. It makes me smile to open and close it, while NOT having a spaz moment and cutting myself. So far, so good!
          4.) The Fuuuuu Comics. Just one glance of a new comic strip added makes me snicker.
          5.) My new Furby, that my sister sent to me a birthday gift on Monday. It's pretty funny and makes me smile.

I better stop there, because I'll go overboard next. ;^_^
          My everyday wacky blog

Comment

I am (still) in my jammies from the morning. I did nothing but watch Twilight Zone/Outer Limits marathon. Fell asleep after morning leftover pizza.
            Woke up. Had some left over turkey from the family I live with.
            Now watching/napping/ to Star Trek New Generation marathon.
            This day of No work was a success!
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Not actually being held for a full midnight to 9 AM shift.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Going to start playing WoW again, apparently we CAN afford it!

Ya know... thinking about it, I'm not entirely sure that this is a good thing...
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                  Going to start playing WoW again, apparently we CAN afford it!

Ya know... thinking about it, I'm not entirely sure that this is a good thing...
                  Everquest 2 is (or was, I haven't had time to play in awhile) to play on steam. If you want to expand stuff, you can buy it directly, or you can subscribe.

WoW needs to be a wee bit cheaper OR they need a family/household account price. Three people that want to play in one household is expensive.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    First time I've handled firearms in over ten years today. Made for a good afternoon.
                    What were you shooting Masked? I'm going to be going out tomorrow to shoot, a friend of my boyfriend's just bought himself a new shotgun and wants to test it out.

I drank entirely too much wine last night, had a bath in the jacuzzi with the man (who was sweet enough to put olive oil in the tub because my skin has been irritable lately), and when I woke up a little hungover this morning, he stopped back at the house on his way to work to give me Tim Horton's.

I've pretty much got the best spouse in the world.

Mostly art.

Comment

Various revolvers, including a miniature cannon that pretends to be a handgun.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                        Everquest 2 is (or was, I haven't had time to play in awhile) to play on steam. If you want to expand stuff, you can buy it directly, or you can subscribe.

WoW needs to be a wee bit cheaper OR they need a family/household account price. Three people that want to play in one household is expensive.
                        Well we have been debating about whether we want to start paying for SWToR again, which is about the same price monthly, But there are too many things that were still not ready to commit to with that, and we started talking about WoW which we have not played in well over a year, and we started to get all excited (not about pandas, we are going to ignore them...) and it just seemed like a thing worth doing. (both our accounts were hacked a while back after we stopped playing, se we are both starting over at the same pace!)

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Damn you americans and your lack of gun laws. I'd LOVE to own a revolver, but the paperwork in Canada to be allowed is ridiculous. As it is, I'm legally allowed to possess and carry rifles, shotguns (not sawed off), and SOME semi-autos. It's a whole 'nother license for handguns, and anything super big, full auto, etc is prohibited to military.

Mostly art.

Comment

Ah but those are fun to play with!

~Jim Butcher

Comment

LOL. That one falls under three cheers for the various 2nd Amendment lobbies. Plus, the majority of handguns in the family belong to retired law enforcement. Paperwork for them is a bit easier than if I decide to get one. Though even for me, the paperwork is pretty straightforward unless I want a concealed carry permit. Those are a little bit more effort.

Comment

Steak Pie for dinner. Om nom! x
                                "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Working...
                                X