This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Well, I downloaded it, but I had forgotten that my computer won't display wallpaper I just have some crappy basic demo version of windows 7, which is all that came with the netbook. I was pretty disappointed when I realised I couldn't change my wallpaper when I first got the netbook, but I totally forgot. What a waste of 2 pounds... it was so pretty

I hate microsoft!!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
      Well, I downloaded it, but I had forgotten that my computer won't display wallpaper I just have some crappy basic demo version of windows 7, which is all that came with the netbook. I was pretty disappointed when I realised I couldn't change my wallpaper when I first got the netbook, but I totally forgot. What a waste of 2 pounds... it was so pretty

I hate microsoft!!
      Oh, crap! I'm sorry. :-(
      Yeah, my laptop came with a full version of Windows 7, so I can view wallpaper just fine. Though, this is an app not a wallpaper, you have to click the snowglobe to get into it and keep it open in the background if you want to hear Big Ben every hour. ;^_^
      So, I'm not sure if having no wallpaper function affects it or not, but it could (I'm guessing, because I'm not computer tech... I'm lucky that I know how to turn my computer off and on! lol).
      My everyday wacky blog

Comment

As Dumuzi knows, I'm close personal friends with the Queen and I am delighted that Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge are expecting! Yay to royal events *royal-fan-girl-squee*..... This makes me smile.

Comment

I found an app for the iPhone called Hatchi. It's a virtual tamagatchi. I was so excited when I downloaded it that I texted my mom in big capital letters "MOM MOM MOM, do you remember that toy I had as a kid that you had to feed while I was at school? I have one on my phone now!"

It's a stupid thing to be stoked about, but seriously...I'm stoked. I named it Basil.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
            I found an app for the iPhone called Hatchi. It's a virtual tamagatchi. I was so excited when I downloaded it that I texted my mom in big capital letters "MOM MOM MOM, do you remember that toy I had as a kid that you had to feed while I was at school? I have one on my phone now!"

It's a stupid thing to be stoked about, but seriously...I'm stoked. I named it Basil.

Must. Download. NOOOOOOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Almost_lost View Post
              As Dumuzi knows, I'm close personal friends with the Queen and I am delighted that Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge are expecting! Yay to royal events *royal-fan-girl-squee*..... This makes me smile.
              Tell her congrats next time you talk to her.
              [4:82]

Comment

After four weeks on grain, beans & potatoes, an orgy of living food -

Carrots, celery, peppers, there's broccoli around there somewhere...

...and, of course, brains.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

LOL! I use to call cauliflower brains when I was a kid, Corbin. It's actually pretty good. I like mine either steamed or boiled with a bit of pepper and salt. ^_^
                  My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Yoshimitsu makes me smile. His moves, the way it feels to control him, my fellow fans, the artwork the sub-community within the Tekken world, his storyline.. It all touches me and moves me so much. I just sometimes wonder if feeling such a strong sexual desire towards him, counts as necrophilia..

Namu namu namu......

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by RiverSong View Post
                    LOL! I use to call cauliflower brains when I was a kid, Corbin. It's actually pretty good. I like mine either steamed or boiled with a bit of pepper and salt. ^_^
                    Girl I lived with used to call broccoli 'trees' as though it was the actual word for it!
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Yoshimitsu makes me smile. His moves, the way it feels to control him, my fellow fans, the artwork the sub-community within the Tekken world, his storyline..

Namu namu namu......

I've always loved Yoshimitsu too. Although I have to say Kazuya's my favorite hands down.
                      The Tekken games are just great all around, it's a shame the earlier ones weren't so obvious about the storyline.
                      I mean they had little bits to let you know kind of what's going on, but still. Had to look it up online to get the full story.
                      "The fire could not be tamed with the wind,
                      nor the wind suppressed by the flames.
                      As blending the Light with the Dark
                      merely results in Grey." -Ville Friman

Comment

I got to catch up a bit with a friend I haven't spoken to since her wedding. It was wonderful
                        my etsy store
                        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                        surrounded by plush, downy things,
                        ill prepared, but willing,
                        to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by XIII View Post

I've always loved Yoshimitsu too. Although I have to say Kazuya's my favorite hands down.
                          The Tekken games are just great all around, it's a shame the earlier ones weren't so obvious about the storyline.
                          I mean they had little bits to let you know kind of what's going on, but still. Had to look it up online to get the full story.
                          Yeah, although to be honest, none of their stories are THAT complex. I just love how Yoshi looks so scary and has that deep mechanical voice yet is as gentle as a kitten really! He just wants to fight for those who are too poor or weak to stand up for themselves.. he's like a robotic Robin Hood. His move list is great though. I love how he just bounces around the screen. Bit tricky to control but very rewarding when you start to get the hang of him!

He makes me laugh sometimes too.. like when he plays rock paper scissors with Alex or...

Bless him!

Comment

Yes! I've always loved that about him, he's so menacing looking yet so silly sometimes.
                            But yeah, he's pretty difficult to control at first, but once you do get him down, he's quite easily one of the best characters to play as.
                            "The fire could not be tamed with the wind,
                            nor the wind suppressed by the flames.
                            As blending the Light with the Dark
                            merely results in Grey." -Ville Friman

Comment

Girl I lived with used to call broccoli 'trees' as though it was the actual word for it!
                              LOL! My sister and I use to call them that too, when we were too little to say "broccoli". XD

- - - Updated - - -

Well, since Jembru posted her video game crush, I want to post my anime crush that makes me smile every morning... because he's on my desktop! ^_^
                              Hatori Sohma from the manga "Fruits Basket"! He's lovely.... *_*
                              FruitsBasket_102.jpg
                              My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Our new stove will be delivered tomorrow!

I'll be able to use an oven again!
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X