This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Just saw a commercial for Les Miserables. Hugh Jackman! *Fan-girl squeal*:shy:

Comment

Some of my daffodils are coming up. They shouldn't be, of course, but I really needed to see them.....
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity View Post
        Just saw a commercial for Les Miserables. Hugh Jackman! *Fan-girl squeal*:shy:
        *side eyes you
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

My boyfriend reserved us tickets for The Hobbit for opening night. I thought it was sweet, but I thought I had a dinner with some clients that night. Turns out I was mixing up my dates and the dinner is the night before...yayy!

Comment

^^ I can't wait for the Hobbit to come out.

Mailing all my Christmas parcels today makes me smile!

Mostly art.

Comment

Aaaaah!! I just heard a shintou fable and there was a magpie in it!! As many of you know, magpie is my spirit animal and I love collecting folklore about these beautiful birds. I have so much I want to do today.. have breakfast out with JP, continue Christmas shopping, STUDY STUDY STUDY (althought the fable was in Japanese so I kinda already ticked that box.. and I'm cyber stalking cute Japanese speaking gaijin chics on youtube, so double tick), but I really want to write about this in my BOS. I'm so excited about it. Hmm.. what to do? I also wanted to work a bit more on my article about the yoga/chakra thing that has so far taken me over 8 weeks to get round to.

But anyway.. smiles for magpies!!! I knew they appear in Chinese folklore and I keep meaning to ask Hoho what the line is that when spoken means both something like 'magpies at the tip of the plum branch' and 'happiness up to the eyebrows' or something like that. I don't remember exactly but I have a Chinese watercolour on my livingroom wall of two magpies in plum blossom and a friend told me why this is considered lucky (basically a pun). But this is the first I have heard magpies mentioned in Japanese folklore.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Having a gabillion negative karma points has its advantages. I get karma (and I have NO idea if it's neg or pos) and I just keep my red band of color. And I'm sure it pisses people off who are chastizing me for 'bad' posts. But it doesn't affect me. Which I am sure pisses them off. Which of course is a win.

lol.

*though I do know it throws the other ones off as well. I get a lot of 'hmm should I neg or pos you?' on my karma page.:shy:

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post

*though I do know it throws the other ones off as well. I get a lot of 'hmm should I neg or pos you?' on my karma page.:shy:
                  I know I think this a lot. I never know how to reward you.
                  my etsy store
                  My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                  surrounded by plush, downy things,
                  ill prepared, but willing,
                  to descend."

Comment

Having a gabillion negative karma points has its advantages. I get karma (and I have NO idea if it's neg or pos) and I just keep my red band of color. And I'm sure it pisses people off who are chastizing me for 'bad' posts. But it doesn't affect me. Which I am sure pisses them off. Which of course is a win.

lol.

So if I like something you write and want to give you positive karma, it won't ruin the colon thing up there? I've been wondering this and it put me off congratulating you on some Medusa gold at times.
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                      So if I like something you write and want to give you positive karma, it won't ruin the colon thing up there? I've been wondering this and it put me off congratulating you on some Medusa gold at times.
                      lol, no...we put her so far in the red, it would take a miracle to get her out.

And, we could adjust it accordingly, lol!
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                        IIRC, Juni dropped Medusa into the negative millions. It would take act of admin or a concerted effort by all of the site to have an impact anytime in the next decade.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

challenge accepted.

lol.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                            I found an app for the iPhone called Hatchi. It's a virtual tamagatchi. I was so excited when I downloaded it that I texted my mom in big capital letters "MOM MOM MOM, do you remember that toy I had as a kid that you had to feed while I was at school? I have one on my phone now!"

It's a stupid thing to be stoked about, but seriously...I'm stoked. I named it Basil.
                            I've had that app for a while now.... My mom never would feed mine and I had to make un-sick and clean up the poo every day after school...
                            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I just watched this:
                              Hugh Jackman interview on 60 Minutes
                              It's short at only like 12 minutes. But towards the end he talks about his father *who is not doing great health wise* and about his family. And he stops. And tries not to. And then cries. I can't even..I just cried my eyes out. And smiled. This man is just pure awesome sauce. And I'd like some pleasekthanksbye.

Comment

I just watched this:
                                Hugh Jackman interview on 60 Minutes
                                It's short at only like 12 minutes. But towards the end he talks about his father *who is not doing great health wise* and about his family. And he stops. And tries not to. And then cries. I can't even..I just cried my eyes out. And smiled. This man is just pure awesome sauce. And I'd like some pleasekthanksbye.
                                That interview was amazing. I can't WAIT for Les Mis.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X