This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

It's snowing outside. It's irritating everybody but me, I think it's lovely. I went hiking in 8 inches of it yesterday. Their irritation amuses me

Comment

It warmed up to -6 today!

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
        It warmed up to -6 today!
        Oh S***

I don't think I could handle that...

http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

My new hat! No, seriously. You know the little kitten, Chi, I sometimes post vids of in my Japanese blogs. No? Well, whatever.. she's really cute. JP gave me a hat for Christmas that is her face! I love it so much I even keep it on when I'm at work. Maybe a picture in 'what do you look like?' is in order. When my hangover passes maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and.. also the Eeyore teddy JP won me from a grab machine the other night. We were out with our friends and I saw the machine on the way back from the toilet, returned to the table and pleaded, 'JP, will you win me a Winney the pooh?' They all thought I was mad but followed me. I showed him the two 'winny the pooh's I wanted, neither of which were actually Pooh Bear, but I was drunk, so it was 'I want that winney the pooh or that winney the Pooh'. Then we gathered quite an audience, which I thought weird. Three pounds later, the Eeyore Pooh was mine and people cheered (and Miyo made us group hug because she was WASTED by this point!). Apparently, no one ever wins at that machine. One man said he drinks in there 3 times a week and only ever saw one person win before. So that also makes me smile.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I have tomorrow off! OMG. I am so excited.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I got my brother a PS3 (including Fifa13), the Arkham City game and the Dark Knight trilogy in Blu-ray. Thing is I set up a sort of treasure hunt until he ended up finding the Blu-ray. Here's the part that made me smile. I was like let's watch it, and he's thinking, does your laptop play Blu-ray discs? I'm like, I'm not sure I don't think so, I'll have to replace it I guess, or just buy a new player.

He starts being suspecious so I add, oh I got you another thing that won't play either, then I gave him the video game. And it takes him a second to figure it out and the expression on his face was priceless. He's like, don't tell me you got a Playstation 3. You're kidding, right?

[4:82]

Comment

I woke up, today, without so much as an inkling of pain!! 10 hours of sleep, FTW! And a fantastic way to begin a new year!

BIG, HUGE smile!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                  I got my brother a PS3 (including Fifa13), the Arkham City game and the Dark Knight trilogy in Blu-ray. Thing is I set up a sort of treasure hunt until he ended up finding the Blu-ray. Here's the part that made me smile. I was like let's watch it, and he's thinking, does your laptop play Blu-ray discs? I'm like, I'm not sure I don't think so, I'll have to replace it I guess, or just buy a new player.

He starts being suspecious so I add, oh I got you another thing that won't play either, then I gave him the video game. And it takes him a second to figure it out and the expression on his face was priceless. He's like, don't tell me you got a Playstation 3. You're kidding, right?

That is adorable! Made me smile too.
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                    Oh S***

I don't think I could handle that...

I didn't even see this, lol. It was GORGEOUS out yesterday. The sun actually felt like it had some warmth to it. It's back down to -11C with -17C windchill today though.

Mostly art.

Comment

A balmy eleven degrees. Below.

We're at minus seven, here, right now.

But what's weird is that we were seeing the very same -11 and -17 for temp and windchill 8 hours ago.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                        A balmy eleven degrees. Below.

We're at minus seven, here, right now.

But what's weird is that we were seeing the very same -11 and -17 for temp and windchill 8 hours ago.

Reading these makes me need to turn the heat up, maybe if I melt my shoes into the floor I will decide I am warm enough again.
                        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

It's opposite here. Unseasonably warm. Supposed to be 10 Celsius tomorrow! It's kind of rainy though...I'd almost rather it be sunny and colder than warmer and grey out.

I had such a great New Years! I went to a party with my boyfriend's friends. It was the first time I met most of them, and I thought they were really nice. It was mostly couples, and for once I was one of the couples. The only single person there wasn't me (it's always been me). I had my first new years kiss ever. I wasn't hung over on New Years Day. We slept in, had brunch, relaxed and watched movies all day...good start to the year I think!

Comment

I miss positive temperatures.

in other news, I've gotten Shahaku, hawkfeathers, Maria de Luna, and Juni's cards! (I forgot to tell you folks!)

Mostly art.

Comment

The beauty of some people. (Not physical beauty, though she had that, too...)

A younger lady was wearing a pair of deep, rich purple gloves, standing in line at the registration desk at the cancer center, as we were leaving. Of course, the narrow stretch of space, one would normally call a "hallway", in front of the desk meant that we would have to walk through the line to get to the exit, so it put my mother and me in a direct, face-to-face position with her. My mom commented on how absolutely lovable and stunningly precious her gloves were. Kind of a lined velour, ladies glove, you know? Not like the usual winter wear, big thick let's-go-skiing-or-snowmobiling type, no these were dainty, feminine. Probably not the greatest for keeping one's hands warm. But they were like none other, that I've ever seen.

Anyway, we continue on, after she had warmly thanked my mother for the compliment, on her 'apparel choice' (I guess), and this woman gestures to me with a secretive tilt of her head and an inconspicuous wave of her hand. As usual, I suck at taking hints. I stand there like a dork, kind of tilt my head, trying to ascertain this woman's reasoning for behavior such as that.

This is where I would mention that she was very attractive and go on to describe as much of her physical beauty as I could remember. Not this time.

She leaned in close, gestured with her head, toward my mom, and quietly said, "Here, give these to her." And handed me her gloves.

I was nearly shocked into speechlessness. I asked her if she was serious. I was looking her straight in the eye. She smiled. A gentle, caring smile. And whispered, "yes. Seriously. Give them to her." Okay. I was indeed stunned. She had started to turn and walk back toward the counter. I wasn't having it, I reached out to gently pull her back and gave her a HUGE hug. I turned, took the 2 steps that my mom had thus far made it and interrupted her forward progress with, "Before we head outside, mom, here. Put these on."

And she proceeded to hustle, almost with tears in her eyes, over to also hug this beautiful person. What a lovely woman!! A sweet, wholesome and infectious smile. Yup. Made me smile today. It also makes me smile, remembering it.

And what a MAJOR blow to my omnipotent cynicism and my omnipresent loathing for humans!

Comment

It seems you and I have had our cynicism tested lately, Chain, and in an upbeat way
                                my etsy store
                                My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                                surrounded by plush, downy things,
                                ill prepared, but willing,
                                to descend."

Comment

Working...
                                X