This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

Feeling only one thing or not feeling anything for a long time is a hard thing to stand. The thought that almost nothing can be done about it is really bothersome.

- - - Updated - - -

By "long time" I mean months.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

This Sunday is my sister's birthday, but she's having her party today. I know I should, but I don't feel like I can call her. I don't know what to say and it's making me anxious.
      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
      -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
        I don't trust people who don't have avatars on a forum. Well I trust them less than people who do
        Avatars and sigs, gender and location. Without those 4 things made obvious, I have the LEAST amount of trust that I can afford. Start adding one at a time, incrementally, there's slightly more trust available.

Then there's full bore, all-revealing profiles, however, that I may trust even less than no information at all.

I confess to needing to know who it is I'm talking to, at least having a FAIR impression of them.

Originally posted by Clive View Post
        This Sunday is my sister's birthday, but she's having her party today. I know I should, but I don't feel like I can call her. I don't know what to say and it's making me anxious.
        Suggestion? "I just called to say Happy Birthday, early. Have a great day!"

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Location....

About that requirement......

life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I confess that I took A LOT of pills, tonight. My 4 regular PM meds, for bedtime. Plus 2 vicoden, 2 ultram, two aleve, 2 excedrin pm, 6 ibuprofen and 1 clonazepam.

Three hours later and I'm wondering how much I've been dozing off, sitting in front of the computer.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
              I confess that I took A LOT of pills, tonight. My 4 regular PM meds, for bedtime. Plus 2 vicoden, 2 ultram, two aleve, 2 excedrin pm, 6 ibuprofen and 1 clonazepam.

Three hours later and I'm wondering how much I've been dozing off, sitting in front of the computer.
              You are still asleep! This is all a dream!

*rides off on pink sparkly unicorn
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

clonazepam.
                They tried that on me, so I could get some sleep. The side effects were a nightmare. Then they switched it to lorazapam, which is damn near chemically identical, and no side effects. Still trying to figure that one out.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  You are still asleep! This is all a dream!

*rides off on pink sparkly unicorn
                  One would certainly think so, yeah?

I didn't take them all at once, but with breaking out the heavy artillery and 40 -50 minutes later, no improvement, time to try the next one down the line.

I'd close my eyes for a second, and then realize that the second was more like a few minutes. Drowsy with a capital D. Now, I'm going to bed with a capital P. For pillows.

*P.S. - Love the new ride! Them sparkles are enchanting!

Comment

I take an otc sleeping pill almost nightly. It's only 25mg. Sometimes I know my internal timeclock is all screwed up and I take 2. But sometimes my bi polar brain won't shut down. If I stay up past an hour or so after taking the pills I get horrible side effects. Suddenly I get horrid restless leg syndrome even though I feel tired. I have to allow myself to rock my legs back and forth till I fall asleep. It's just so shitty. I've been able to control my bi polar quite well. No severe mood swings. No rash decisions or actions. A calm tranquil *sometimes numb* ocean. But the brain? Insomnia is my one lasting issue.

Comment

I take an otc sleeping pill almost nightly. It's only 25mg. Sometimes I know my internal timeclock is all screwed up and I take 2. But sometimes my bi polar brain won't shut down. If I stay up past an hour or so after taking the pills I get horrible side effects. Suddenly I get horrid restless leg syndrome even though I feel tired. I have to allow myself to rock my legs back and forth till I fall asleep. It's just so shitty. I've been able to control my bi polar quite well. No severe mood swings. No rash decisions or actions. A calm tranquil *sometimes numb* ocean. But the brain? Insomnia is my one lasting issue.
                      That OTC? Which one is it? I wanna try that for these nights that sleep just won't come. Insomnia and I are old friends. 'Cept without the friendly part.

I mean, yeah, a narrow OD on pain killers puts me out but I really don't want to go down that road. Not for the amount of pain that it takes, for me to finally decided to do something about it, nor for the quantities of different scripts. Like, the clonazepam isn't meant for taking pain away or going to sleep, I got it for panic attack, anxiety issues. But the fluffy world side-effect comes in handy, along with hydros to kill discomfort, for instance.

Comment

I quiit pot for 5 yrs took 2 bi polar meds stomach med pain med. wife got lupus her 93 yr navajo granddad mentioned pot we started smoking pot again I know take no pills, and I feel a 100 times better.

Comment

I confess that my mum has brought today a big, hairy cat-toy. When I first saw it - I thought it's real! So I had to check it out. Plastic, I think.
                          The funny things is that this monster is meant for my sister.... -_-
                          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

That OTC? Which one is it? I wanna try that for these nights that sleep just won't come. Insomnia and I are old friends. 'Cept without the friendly part.

I mean, yeah, a narrow OD on pain killers puts me out but I really don't want to go down that road. Not for the amount of pain that it takes, for me to finally decided to do something about it, nor for the quantities of different scripts. Like, the clonazepam isn't meant for taking pain away or going to sleep, I got it for panic attack, anxiety issues. But the fluffy world side-effect comes in handy, along with hydros to kill discomfort, for instance.
                            These from Walmart do the trick. Cheap and they work. I allows me to get sleepy and then I'm on my own. 2 puts me in black out mode. For when I need to sleep straight through.

Comment

These from Walmart do the trick. Cheap and they work. I allows me to get sleepy and then I'm on my own. 2 puts me in black out mode. For when I need to sleep straight through.
                              Gah! I keep looking at those but because I've had so many others that failed to work, even remotely, I've just passed on them. Next time, for sure, that I hit the pharm, over there, I'll pick some up and give them a go. Thank you, very much!

You'd think that someone who loves sleep, as much as I do, would have no trouble getting it. A brain that won't stfu, pain receptors working overtime, and little furbie monsters, all collaborating against even the idea of sleep. It's a losing battle, to try and enjoy my all-time favorite past-time. Time to up the ante!

Comment

I confess that I've been so busy lately that I have no time for anything. Gah! I'm tired of being home only to sleep and eating dinner at 10pm and then waking up at 6 for work.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X